Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piinky2011
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Email error

Go to solution

Hi,

I have just joined BT Internet but have an issue with Outlook 2007/Windows 7. I get the following error when trying to send tiscali.co.uk emails now i am connected to BT.

Receiving is no problem and my new BT email address works fine both ways..

Task 'John-Chap - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Any ideas? Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Email error

Go to solution

Most Email providers do not let you SEND emails unless you are connected to the internet through their servers. They are normally happy to allow you to receive emails.  The exceptions to this are email providers like Yahoo and Hotmail that allow serving and receiving while you are attached to any ISP.

Piinky2011
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I thought that the issue may be at the Talk Talk server end of things. Cheers.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@Piinky2011 wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I thought that the issue may be at the Talk Talk server end of things. Cheers.Smiley Happy

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

You can send emails using your non BT ISP email address, but you need to go through the steps of address verification (as well as setting smtp authentication). See my shortcuts option 0e for info.

Piinky2011
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Andy_N,

I followed your website instruction and I can now 'SEND' using my Tiscali email addresses.

Many thanks for the advice Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
sandy_rogers
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Andy_N

I tried to follow the shortcut but struggled to understand what to do - any chance of a really basic guide for the less able email/computer user please?  Smiley Frustrated

I have windows 7 and want to be able to send emails from the Tiscali address. 

0 Ratings
Piinky2011
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Hi,

This works for me on my PC running Windows 7 Pro.

Setting up a Tiscali email account is pretty straight forward.

Open your 'Outlook' email program

Click on 'Tools'

Click on  'Account settings'

Click on 'New'

Click on 'Micosoft Exchange' then ' Next'

Fill in your 'Tiscali' account details. Email address, password, etc.

It will try to automatically logon to the Tiscali server but this usually doesn't work for me.

So, tick the ' Manual configure server settings'

Fill in the your Tiscali details again.

Name

Your email address.

Incoming mail: pop.tiscali.co.uk

Outgoing mail (SMTP) : smtp.tiscali.co.uk

and Tiscali username and password.

Press the 'Test Account Settings' button and all should be ok. If not, double check all your tiscali account details and try again.

When your setup is working correctly you will get an error when you Send/receive email via Tiscali because you cannot send emails to the Tiscali server. This is normal. But you can 'Receive' emails which are sent to your Tiscali email address. 

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@sandy_rogers wrote:

Hi Andy_N

I tried to follow the shortcut but struggled to understand what to do - any chance of a really basic guide for the less able email/computer user please?  Smiley Frustrated

I have windows 7 and want to be able to send emails from the Tiscali address. 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Apologies for my shortcut being rather complex.

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

Firstly how are you sending the emails ? Is it via webmail and your browser, or something like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Mail ?

Are you able to receive Tiscali emails ok ?, and do you know your primary BTinternet email address ?

The thing is to do everything methodically Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@Piinky2011 wrote:

Hi,

This works for me on my PC running Windows 7 Pro.

Setting up a Tiscali email account is pretty straight forward.

Open your 'Outlook' email program

Hi.

If I may say so, it's not clear how Sandy is using email, Outlook doesn't come with Windows, any version. Also the request was for sending emaiils.

0 Ratings
Neptune
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

can somebody please help. I'm using Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 when I open my e-mail address I get this message:
Task 'Name@btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

does anybody know how I can cure this problem.

0 Ratings