cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nantybig
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Email full headers

Hi all, ported over to the new BT Mail this morning with many of the problems, and more, that you are all having.

I've had a good read through many of the posts but can't find an answer to my query which is.

How do you access emails full headers in the new BT Mail ?

I've tried every way I can think of with no success, can't find a button to click, as in the old system, nor is there any menu with it on.

Sorry if it has been covered elsewhere and I've missed it.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email full headers

Hi Nantybig,

Unfortunatly viewing the email headers in webmail via BTMail is not possible at the moment. 

However if you use a email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, ect then you will be able to view the email headers.

0 Ratings
Nantybig
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Hi Jac thanks for the reply.

Agreed that I can access them in Thundebird, which I also use, it's that I feel sorry for folk who only use BT Mail webmail

I hope no one gets a BT spoof or phishing email and wants to report to BT because when BT ask for................

1. Forward the email to abuse@bt.com
  2. Now you need to send us the email header information. Open the email, click on the Cog icon and select View Full Header from the drop-down menu

................... they will be stuck.

Similarly with reporting similar spoof / phishing emails from financial  institutions etc.

I wonder what BT and Critical path have been doing this past 18 months to get so much wrong.

0 Ratings
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 13

Nantybig,

Agreed that some of the features that were on BTYahoo webmail aren't on the "newish" BTMail webmail for example viewing the email headers, sending emails from the domain @btopenworld.com ,ect...

Unfortunatly with new deployments of systems will always have bugs  (which there too also seems to be quite a few with  BTMail) to begin with and that features may take a while to be deployed too.

And to be fair (BT)Yahoo have had many years too enhance and add features to their webmail service.

However hopefully more and more features will be deployed and the bugs will be ironed out, the only issue is it will take time.

Though an email client will solve most of these issues in the meantime.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Nantybig wrote:

I feel sorry for folk who only use BT Mail webmail

Well it's not compulsory. Agreed, the problems with BT Mail need to be sorted. But stubborn adherence to webmail makes no sense when most of the problems can be ovbercome at a stroke with an email client, which also offers more security..

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
ottokring
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Sorry, that's just pathetic. It is a basic function of any mail system to be able to show full mail headers.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with BT Mail - YAHOO's webmail used to be fine until they started "improving it" . Now we have an even worse service: a slow, buggy interface without some basic features THAT KEEPS LOGGING ME OFF !

And to those irritatants that repeat endlessly about using a mail client instead of webmail

I use webmail because I need access across different platfrorms, machines and locations and for security I don't want any mails downloaded to the clients ( even IMAP doesn't fulfil all the criteria ).

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

@ottokring wrote:

I use webmail because I need access across different platfrorms, machines and locations and for security I don't want any mails downloaded to the clients ( even IMAP doesn't fulfil all the criteria ).

I'm not entirely sure how leaving mail on a third party server who don't give a **** whether they lose it or let it be hacked is more secure than having it on a fully backed up PC at home.
0 Ratings
ottokring
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Non sequitor.

read the sentence that you quoted again.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

In that case I can only assume you delete every mail as soon as it is read.

PS It's Non Sequitur

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 10 of 13

I think what ottokring is saying is that it would be better to use webmail on a friend's PC than to set up an email client.

Oliver.
0 Ratings