Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 13

Re: Email full headers

I didn't follow it either. But it's irrelevant to my pathetic advice, which was directed towards those who stubbornly stick with webmail out of inertia. Using webmail for a special reason is not being stubborn but I doubt that applies to many.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

I guess it was because I made the assumption that as he didn't want to download mail to a client for security reasons, that he must be storing mail on the server. Whereas there is the third possibility that he does not store mail at all. Perhaps he will enlighten us.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 13 of 13

@licquorice wrote:

I guess it was because I made the assumption that as he didn't want to download mail to a client for security reasons, that he must be storing mail on the server. Whereas there is the third possibility that he does not store mail at all. Perhaps he will enlighten us.

I suspected that he's checking email on computers that are not his own, hence he does not want to add his email account to a client on that PC to download the emails.

Either way, it's a valid reason to use webmail.

Oliver.
0 Ratings