Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 42

Re: Email issues - despair!

Go to solution

For BT management - why has this customer's request for help taken from 13th April to 9th May to get a solution ? I am sure that Frontera is very relieved to finally get the help needed but surely 1 month is a very poor response time. What do others think ? Oh, and what is BT going to do about the useless/misleading "information" that was provided by the so-called helpdesk ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 32 of 42

Go to solution

You're not the only one having this problem, I have been locked out of email since 19th April, after being told I supposedly hadn't logged on since July (not true of course, I used email daily).  I've lost count of the number of times I've been told that "we are sorry" or "we have to ask you to wait a little longer". 

The final straw today was when a BT employee from India rang to say she was calling from Yahoo, because BT and Yahoo have merged! 

Come on BT, pull your finger out and do something about this problem!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 33 of 42

Go to solution
@RobbieMac any chance you can get this solved for me?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 34 of 42

Go to solution

Hi @ChrisF1,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't been able to access your BT email address. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 35 of 42

Go to solution

Paddy, thanks for the response. Coincidentally I also got an email back from BT's Executive Level Complaints this morning, and they are taking action. I'll let you know if they don't get anywhere but at first glance they do seem to know how to handle customer support issues, unlike the experience I've had from the 'non-executive' team.

Chris

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 36 of 42

Go to solution

You are very welcome @ChrisF1. The Executive Level Complaints (ELC) team should be able to fully help you. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't the case. I hope you get all of the help you need.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 42

Go to solution

On the 5th May we lost access to our email address, we contacted BT by phone who said our email address has been compromised and that they would have to set us up with a new email address, they say they are unable to resurrect our old email address and we can only use the old email address to login to out MY BT we can no longer use the old address as an email address.

I have logged into my BT an tried to find my email address listed in there but only the new email address they have setup for me is there, surely if I still have to login to My BT with the old email address then the address must still be avaliable to me?

I tried calling them today and spoke to someone who said that we have already been told we cannot use to old email address and should just use the new one, I asked to be put through to someone in the department that deals with emails, but unsuprisingly I was cut off.

I cant believe that after 20 years we cant continue to use our old email address, we have our whole digital world connected to this email address, and it would take forever to go through every service and update our email address, let alone tell everyone to use our new address. Please can someone here help.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 42

Go to solution

@gkeyes wrote:

On the 5th May we lost access to our email address, we contacted BT by phone who said our email address has been compromised and that they would have to set us up with a new email address, they say they are unable to resurrect our old email address and we can only use the old email address to login to out MY BT we can no longer use the old address as an email address.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I've afraid what you were told is utter nonsense. A compromised email address isn't deleted, it might be put in to a non accessible state for some reason - usually a change of password is needed.

To the moderators, please can this be looked at and the correct information given to end users. Compromised doesn't mean anything other than a password change (possible security answers altered).

Surely a compromised account is able to be "resurrected", and not as told by the helpdesk. For example what about BTWifi access to be used by the primary address ? What about BTcloud ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 42

Go to solution

Thanks for the post @Andy_N. I've been in touch with @gkeyes on their own thread.

As a side note; your BT ID can be almost anything. It won't affect your email address.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 40 of 42

Go to solution

Hi,

i I can see this thread being mentioned in some other posts.

Unfortunately I can't say what the solution was as BT didn't tell me what the problem was! All I know is that it was sorted at their end, thanks to the intervention of the moderators on here...

0 Ratings