cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email log in problems

My email login from my iphone and windows laptop has not been working most mornings this week then suddenly comes to life about 4pm in the afternnon until the next day when the pattern repats itself. I can get access via my ipad but this uses a yahoo server as opposed to mail.btinternet.com

is anyone experiencing similar problems and are there any solutions out there. I had an online chat with customer support to no avail other than blaming client mail set up.

thanks

IanH

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email log in problems

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Same here, I'm speaking to BT every few days now whilst they try and sort it. Everytime we go to login on any of our 3 emails accounts more often than not, it'll say your've had too many failed attemps to get in and the account has been locked for 15 minutes, or we will just fail to get the email login page to come up at all. 

It appears our primary email account has been duplicated (!!!!????!!!!) and although on our 3rd phone call today with BT the lady said there was nothing more BT could do for us at all, then when I had a tantrum, they change their minds and say they can. The second email address we have is fine, except it's just difficult to get the login page, but once you do, it gets into the email account no problem, the 3rd is just a mystery. BT tell us that one is not on the 'tracking' list, so again on the 3rd conversation today, they say there is absilultey nothing they can do for me, the email address doesn't actually exist, tantrum, and they then say they may be able to do something, but I would have to prove it actaully existed and I actually used it (!!!!!!!???????).

Oddly, when we go into our BT billing account and look what email accounts we have, the primary is down twice !! the one that works fine is there, the one they say doesn't exist isn't on the list and there another one there for a Daniel Gibson, who the heck is he !!!!! What worries me is that if the account is inactive for 90 days they deactivate it, which I think is what they have done with the one that has disappeared, although I use it everyday, so I know not why. But that would imply Daniel Gibson uses his regularly, so clicked delete against that.

Next call back on Monday now, so will see where they have got too, but our feeling is that our email or account or both have been hacked in some way and I have asked why all this is happening, but BT won't comment.

So in short, I feel your pain, and that has given me some much needed therapy, thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Pollie1 wrote:

Oddly, when we go into our BT billing account and look what email accounts we have, the primary is down twice !! the one that works fine is there, the one they say doesn't exist isn't on the list and there another one there for a Daniel Gibson, who the heck is he !!!!! What worries me is that if the account is inactive for 90 days they deactivate it, which I think is what they have done with the one that has disappeared, although I use it everyday, so I know not why. But that would imply Daniel Gibson uses his regularly, so clicked delete against that.

Sonuds like there is an account corruption, possibly associated with another as you've indicated.

Unfortunately you might have caused an issue for the other person by setting delete against the account. They might have to contact the helpdesk (good luck with that!), and explain why they have "deleted" the account despite using it.

This apparent mess needs a moderator to investigate ASAP, not least to help that other account - assuming that a delete flag has been set against it.

Of course, if the name/details were simply showing incorrectly and was your "missing" account - you might have set delete against that instead.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

It's just a nightmare.

The 'Daniel' account we seem to have isn't my missing one, from the conversations I have had, that appears to be clear. But maybe 'Daniel' has my account and I have his !!!??? Who knows.

Everytime we speak to BT we get no further really and they just say we will call you back in a few days with an update, but then when they do, there is no update !!!

Just a nightmare !!!!

0 Ratings