cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George66
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Email login keeps being rejected, have to reset password to unlock?

Is there an automatic password reset running?

I download my emails using Outlook 2010 and windows 7.

Every so often Outlook cannot login to my mail box, I can however login to the mailbox on the web using my browser.the only way to re-enable the Outlook login is to reset my BTmail password.

If it happened occasionally it wouldn't be to bad, but the time between lockouts seems to be shrinking from a few months to a few weeks and now it's nearly every day.

Anyone got any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
marianmacleod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email login keeps being rejected, have to reset password to unlock?

I am experiencing this problem too.  My email continues to work on phone but stops working on ipad and Mac.  I go to the webmail and am told there is unusual activity on my account and I have to reset my password.  I do this and go round all three devices, updatating the password.  Mail then comes through and all is ok for a few hours.  Then it starts happening again.  This has been happening over the last 3 days

0 Ratings
George66
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I can still login to the webmail, so there is no unusual activity notice.

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 4 of 4

It seems to be a "feature" that strikes some of us. We get it now and again.I tend to change password then change immediately back to my "normal" password i.e I don't change it on any devices just via the web interface.

Saves a bit of hassle.

I am hoping that when migrated to the new mail this problems may go away but. Ever the optimist!

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings