Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewartv
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email login rejection - again

Hi,

POP3 via outlook problems again... only seems to affect email accounts on one of the BT servers. Primary email and one of the secondary ones (used for may years), outlook keeps asking for a password/username and then the login is rejected with invalid username and/or password. Webmail access is OK. Other secondary email accounts set up more recently work OK on POP3..

This happened several weeks ago as well and the email was down on the BT side for a day. Someone back then suggested that one of the BT mail servers was prone to faults such as these?

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Words
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email login rejection - again

Yes, same here with several accounts this evening.

0 Ratings
Methos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Yup, on all of my accounts here...

Not just outlook here though... Live Mail and Android phone won't connect either, but Web mail is fine...

Very annoying and hope they sort it soon

M
0 Ratings
greigster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have been having this problem on and off for about a week now. You would think BT could sort this a bit quicker. 

Dreadful service

0 Ratings
ITSt
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Just registered for this forum to find out what my email problems are ..... been having this issue on and off for months if not for years and got frustrated tonight.  1 primary and 2 secondary addresses.  I was beginning to think it was something wrong on my end, should have known better really Smiley Mad

Reading the forums I take it this is a known issue ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@ITSt wrote:

Reading the forums I take it this is a known issue ?

Haha Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Do you have a day or two to spare? That's how long it will take you to read all the posts on this thread

Smiley LOL

BT don't care tuppence.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Can't offer a cure, but the problem is sometimes relieved (temporarily at least) just by logging in to webmail.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings