cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Email logs out every time I go to inbox.

If I am reading a message and select Inbox when I want to see the next message the account logs out and I have to log back in. This only started a few days ago. Very irritating.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Email logs out every time I go to inbox.

Is Chrome your browser? A similar problem is reported here.

You can switch to Internet Explorer or another browser, but a better solution would be to use an email client such as Thunderbird.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 11

Me too.  Very annoying.  Needs a fix from  BT

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@jasperdo wrote:

Me too.  Very annoying.  Needs a fix from  BT

........ or perhaps from Google Chrome.

https://support.google.com/chrome/known-issues/15036?hl=en-GB

Highlighted
Message 5 of 11

Same problem with our email. I'm new to this forum and have some comments to add. Suggesting changing your browser is not a possibility for me as I have had poor performance issues with IE. I guess a preference is that we get a view from BT Yahoo Mail Investigators! Are you on here? This is a serious problem that I would rate as red - you will loose email users to the likes of gmail..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

You could try Firefox if IE is no use for you.

When you are using Chrome have you tried changing the "view". Use the "Change View" drop down on the right hand side. If you select a preview view you do not need to go back into the inbox to access the next email, you just select it in the email list and it will preview.

If you do select the email to view rather than preview it opens a tab for each email that you have selected to view. There is also an "inbox" tab that you can click on to go back to the inbox list.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 11

changing my browser isn't an option for me ... is there another way ... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Welcome to the forum. There's clearly some incompatability between Chrome and BT Mail but nobody has reported any resolution here. Until it is resolved, the choices are an alternative browser or an email client. The latter is the first choice for many people anyway, and they will be blissfully unaware of the problem even if they use Chrome.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

This is a very recent problem that seems to have started since BT have messed about with email.  I keep getting booted out of my email no matter if I use Chrome or IE.  As the ISP whom I paying, I expect BT to get on the job and fix it for US.

I for one am getting seriously irritated by having to keep loggin in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

This problem occurs with BT Yahoo Mail also.

Note that you are not logged out.

When you are put back to the login screen you can get back to the Inbox list by clicking on the Forward arrow on the Chrome address bar.

0 Ratings