On Tuesday 9 June, went to my email to find it had been migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail. The only warning that I has was an email at 22.58 the previous day which I read the following morning when the migration had happened. Why was there no warning? I found that the migration had not gone smoothly. It did not work on my iphone and was very slow on my PC (using Chrome) and still is . I lost many of my contacts which I have had to type in again as was not warned.
I am working very long hours doing home based tribunal hearings which involve a lot of sending of word documents to fellow panel members with a quick turn round. On Wednesday 24 June, did the word attachments (three three page simple documents) which appeared to be word documents and email would not send (got error message). Went to the drafts folder to see multiple saved versions of the email - I had not saved it so automatic ones. Used the latest which looked fine. On their receipt, the files appeared to be zipped but could not be read. In my sent folder it was clear that they were not word files. Set up new word documents via cut and paste and sent them attached to a new email and that worked fine. On Friday, the same happened again (including the multiple saves in my drafts folder) but cut and paste did not work this time. Tried doing the email text first and then attached the documents - this time one was in the word and the other two unreadable. At that point, I gave up and sent them from another (hotmail) email with no problems what so ever! I have sent many emails with word attachments successfully from BTmail including in the last few days. I have completely lost confidence in BTMail as the recipients are being caused a lot of hassle plus my time is wasted. Very grateful for any advice/solution to the word attachment issue.
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue with attachments. Have you managed to resolve, if so, can you please share. I am getting nowhere with BT and there does not seem to be a sensible support or complaint facility. I am actively looking at new providers.
Issue still unresolved and a complaint opened with BT by moderator on 7 July - no progress and have not rung back despite a promise to do so.
I have found a work around - compose the email save it then add the word doc - max of three and send quickly. Tedious and not happy it remains unresolved.
OK ta, I am trying to find other solutions and will revert if I get anywhere
I do this too sometimes, just in a text file, then cut and paste it into the email I want to send. It is afer that way - to keep it out of BT's hands until the last minute.
I forgot today and found hundereds of copies of a draft. I reported this months ago, and nothing has been done.
I dare not try to delete the copies
1. It will take ages
2, I might lose the latest one ( I do not trust BT )