cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Email not responding

Hi, since March my email keeps getting stuck. "email not responding, do you want to close it" this happens when I use a link in the email then try to return to the email. Or sometimes just trying to open the email from the app icon. I have tried reloading the app but that has not fixed it. Also shut down phone. This only happens on my android phone not pc.  Any ideas please? Thanks 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email not responding

Hi @Pringle1,

That could mean that there is an issue with your phone rather than with the email address. On your phone, are you using webmail or are you using an email app? Can you try the BT Email app on your android phone?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

I believe I am using BT email, it was on the phone and have been using it without problem for years. Don't know why it started to give trouble. Thanks for replying. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks @Pringle1,

When you're on your phone, are you going to BT.com and logging into your email address? Or, do you have a native app on your phone that let you put your BT email address into it which then downloads your emails? I'd recommend trying our BT Email app. You will have to download it through the Google Play Store.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

It is a blue envelope on white background icon. I press that and the email page opens directly, I do not need to log in. I thought that was a BT app. Should I still try to download something else? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Hi Daniel, I have downloaded the BT app. It does work and is not getting stuck where going between email and chrome or when trying to open the email. I must say that I do not like all the colours, like Gmail is, but the main problems are the way emails are deleted, can't do it from the email or the list, unless you open the drop down list, which you can't do at the bottom of the email. Also I cannot expand the page so emails with lots of words/small print cannot be read. So it is like going from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Pringle1 the new BT email app may take a little time to get used to. You can delete a message when you're in the email by tapping the bin icon at the bottom of the page. If you want to delete it from the inbox without going into the email swipe left on the email you want to delete then tap delete.  Pinch with your finger and thumb to zoom in or out to expand the page.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Thank you for your reply. I have now managed to get the email to expand, but there is no bin icon at the bottom of the page/email so it is using the drop box or go back to the list and swipe left. Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Pringle1 Sorry I gave you the iPhone instructions for deleting emails, there is no bin icon on Android instead tap the three dots in the top right of the screen and you can delete it there. I think from your message that's what you're doing already. 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Thank you. 

0 Ratings