cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdi200
Beginner
Message 21 of 29

Re: Email problems - 31 July

I have been told by cutomer services it will be 24 hours...

BT - "THE" Telecom company - you're a joke - at the 1st opportunity I will be leavng you to a cheaper more reliable internet provider...

Fed up witH tying to Atlk to bad english speaking advisors in far away places who think you're a **bleep** fool and know nothing...20+ years in the IT business - I know exactly where the problem lies - BT !!!

YOU IDIOTS ARE SERIOUSLY AFFECTING MY ON-LINE BUSINESS AND LIVELY HOOD !!!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

If you are running a business, then you should have a business account and a business e-mail account, and not a Yahoo e-mail account.

The business forum is here http://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Marie_D
Beginner
Message 23 of 29

Just wanted to add my name to the list of those experiencing problems today. All emails in my 'Sent' folder disappeared this morning. Have had ongoing problems all day, with frequent messages that my password was incorrect. Even more frustratingly, each time I checked the BT status report, I was informed that there were no problems!

The service has been truly awful today. I hope BT are taking note of all these complaints!

0 Ratings
tdi200
Beginner
Message 24 of 29

Pig ignorant - I shouid have a business account - I have a btinternet.com account - regardless if I choose to use it as a business contact is irrelevant - and would it really make a difference sine the outages BT suffer a frequent and appeart to affect EVERY ONE

Don'r dare try and pick faults with posts when the service you provide is so very poor - Just another example of the poor customer service provided

Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 29

This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

As far as the use of your line is concerned, from BTs T&Cs

Residential Standard Terms

The services we provide

1. We provide you with your chosen services, including Telephony, Broadband, BT Infinity, Vision, Mobile, BT Broadband Talk, and any other consumer services and any equipment we provide.
  2. You have a separate agreement for each service that we provide to you, which is made up of these Residential Standard Terms, the relevant service terms (telephony, broadband, broadband talk, pre-pay mobile broadband, infinity fibre broadband, mobile, vision, value added services) the Tariff Guide and any applicable Special Offer Terms. If you take a package of two or more individual services as part of a Multi Play Service Agreement (MPSA), then the terms of the MPSA will also apply to the services contained in that package.
  3. The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms must not be used for business purposes.

If your online business is critical, then you would be better to use an independent e-mail service which is geared to business use, and has an agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement)

You are not forced to use BT Yahoo as an e-mail provider.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 26 of 29

Same problems here too with any btinternet.com e-mail addresses. A friend of mine reports the same too. Looks like it's beginnig to improve now though - some e-mails coming through again.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

Are you sure of that Keith?

What about this post from mod David:

"Big thanks to all who posted on this thread or emailed in with info to help us investigate this" ?

The mods were instrumental a few months ago in collating information on this issue, and have relayed information to and from elsewhere in BT. Why would they suddenly stop adopting the same established rôle when the same issue recurs, and many customers are complaining?

Has there been a change of policy about which we have not been informed?

Don't they have a corporate responsibility to report that the issue is not resolved after all?

Don't you think they have some sense of corporate loyalty that demands they report a continuing fault in the service that threatens to damage BT's reputation?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 29

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

Are you sure of that Keith?

What about this post from mod David:

"Big thanks to all who posted on this thread or emailed in with info to help us investigate this" ?

The mods were instrumental a few months ago in collating information on this issue, and have relayed information to and from elsewhere in BT. Why would they suddenly stop adopting the same established rôle when the same issue recurs, and many customers are complaining?

I was simply trying to clarify the situation after this comment, made when I suggested that perhaps a business account may be more suitable if e-mail was critical to their survival.

"Don'r dare try and pick faults with posts when the service you provide is so very poor - Just another example of the poor customer service provided"

I think that the person posting assumed that I was representing BT.

Many people who do post on this forum assume that they are directing their comments to BT, but that is not the case.

The forum moderators do read some posting, when they get time, but this is essentially a customer to customer forum.

E-mail services  intended for personal use, generally have no form of SLA and are therefore unsuitable for anything important.

The BT Care Team can do their best to highlight any issues with Yahoo, but in the end, its all down to how much money BT are prepared to pay Yahoo, to provide e-mail services.

BT could, and have in the past, run their own e-mail service, starting I suppose, from Prestel thenTelecom Gold, which was a long time ago Smiley Wink

I believe that they still do run their own business e-mail services with a higher standard of service, but this would not be commercially viable on a residential scale, as people would not pay, and profit margins on residential broadband are very small.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

The mail is back to normal today.

Hope that it's a lasting fix.

I received a string of mails which were waiting, after creating a thread on an American Support Communities Discussions group, not complaining about BT, I must add!!!

Yes, other installed programs have also given problems, blocking access to reputable secure websites. 

0 Ratings