cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martynO
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Email problems

Hi yesterday I kept recieving the following message "your IMAP closed the server" on all my email addresses .After a time I logged onto my mail.bt account via the bt.com website, I was asked to verify and "upgrade?" Which I did and changed my passwords as instructed on all my email accounts .Since then the accounds have "disappeared "from the webmail server and I am still getting numerous error messages on my PC via Outlook .I rang the helpdesk yesterday and they could not help , but said I can have a call back on the 17th June ! Meanwhile can anyone throw some light on this issue , so I may be able to self help rather than wait for a call that may not happen , as always I have some rather important mails that I am missing (don't we all?) and as a customer I am hugley frustrated by all this 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
IAN4
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email problems

I use Outlook & Ipad and I can receive just fine but cand send via Outlook or Ipad.
I've logged in to my BT Yahoo Webmail and I can send and receive using that.
Only srated about 6.30pm today0WHAT'S GOING ON BT???
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 9

Hi @martynO and @johnpeac,

Both of your issues sound similar. If you don't get word back by tomorrow, come back and let us know.

Hi @IAN4,

Have you checked our Outgoing and Incoming settings to make sure they match?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
IAN4
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Yes this has been working for months now and suddenly stopped yesterday
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 9

@IAN4,

Your best bet is to speak with our Email chat team about it. Make sure you tell them it's working fine on webmail. They should be able to talk you through everything.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
IAN4
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Done that

They said there isn’t a problem when your own website has two messages saying there is a problem with mail client and bt mail.

They then cut me off when trying to put me through to Premium Mail who, when they eventually put me through, told me that if web mail is fine they can’t help with anything else!!!

Fantastic, eh??
0 Ratings
martynO
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Well the callback has not happened and email is still not working here ! What next please?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 9

Ok guys, get in touch with us by clicking on my user name. You'll see contact the mods on the left hand side.

It's important that you note our team won't be able to contact you until about 2-3 working days as we're primarily mods first. It shouldn't take that long. We'll do our best to help you though.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
martynO
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Ok finally goy bored waiting and contacted again, this guy actually rang me back and put me through to someone in NI , a helpful chap who actually seemed to understand, but could not help , although I have another call back for tomorow booked in now.

It appears though according to the last chap that  this is an error at BT, as he is getting lots of these calls now, so come on BT get someone on the case to investigate and sort out the root cause please   

0 Ratings