Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email scam

Today I recieved an email from : noreply@formwize.com

Subject : BT Broadband Repair Visit (SFI) customer satisfaction survey

Text : 

Thanks for using our Home IT Broadband Repair service.
As BT aims to provide the best possible experience for our customers, we are inviting you to participate in our satisfaction survey following the visit you had on 30/06/12 3:10.
Click here to provide your feedback. This survey has 10 questions and should only take a few minutes to complete.
We appreciate your time.
BT Home IT Support
Note: this email was sent from a notification-only email address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Since we did not have a BT visit on the date shown I did NOT click on the link, I marked the message as spam and deleted it.

Be warned !

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email scam

Thanks for the info BTG, Will keep an eye out for it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I should perhaps have added that :

a.  the email came to my correct current email address, and . . .

b.  I had had a lot of contact with BT about problems with my BT Infinity set up, and there HAD been two visits by BT Openreach engineers during the month of June, but none on the 30th.

So, if you get something like this read it carefully, because it looks suspiciously relevant - until you start thinking about it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

It may well not have been a scam, but just that the email was automatically generated from a BT database that had got the wrong visit time entered. (Maybe that is when they meant to visit, or ...? There are plenty of ways they can get things wrong.). Anyway, best to be on the safe side, and to warn others.

Good email clients will show when you hover where the link would go if you clicked. Verifying the link address helps guard against spam/scams. You can even enter the address into a site such as http://www.siteadvisor.com
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 7

it looks like anyone can set up a questionairre at formwize.com
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi folks,

This is not a scam or spam attempt.   BT uses Formwize.com as it's survey tool to independantly record customer satisfaction and it is never used for customer sensitive information.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@Formwize wrote:

Hi folks,

This is not a scam or spam attempt.   BT uses Formwize.com as it's survey tool to independantly record customer satisfaction and it is never used for customer sensitive information.

Thanks.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The details of the email as shown look like a phish email, how would anyone actually know if it shows completely innacurate information for date/time etc ?

It doesn't matter what the link does, people should never click on anything they don't know.

If it is for a BT survey, then the link should starts with www.bt.com/formwize and then divert internally to the formwize system, that would surely give a muich better idea it was genuine.

0 Ratings