cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: Trying to get MODS help with email but my thread has been re-arranged doesnt appear as new topic

You have had a Moderator reply to you in message 4 and in message 18.

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 25

Re: Trying to get MODS help with email but my thread has been re-arranged doesnt appear as new topic

Spoken to Helpdesk , 3 seperate times. Nobody can help . " It might setlle down" . Rubbish.

Whay can no " experts" then  tell me why one day my emails appear to be coming from a US IP address and take forever , other days UK and still face the same delay  and go on a bounce between 4 or 5 different odd severs with delays at partuclar ones of up to 5 minutes + , sometimes not even getting to destination..  I have a greyed out SMTP Server dialouge box on IPhone  amongst other matters. But BT 's stance is " it will setlle down"  . Is this what I ahve paid top dollar for for all these years ? I do not work in IT / Networking or anything like it, I'm trying to sort me emails out, nothing more , nothing less. But teh silence is deafening. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 25

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.

Forum members are under no obligation to reply to any posts and it may be that no forum member can answer your questions.

As regards the server settings being greyed out on your iphone, if you want to change them you do it by going to the Account screen. Tap Account in the top-left corner to go back to it, and then tap the server name under Outgoing Mail Server to bring up the SMTP page. On the mail server page, tap on the name of your mail server to access its settings.

0 Ratings
camper
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 25

@gg30340Thanks, fully aware of that (as a customer) and unable to do any of the mentioned fixes. It stays greyed out. Was just looking for some help, which BT maintains that the forum is a good place to get some, not to be put down sarcastically when trying to get some help. I wont put on here our family circumstances , but hope that somene else can help out.

Really appreciate your advice & help though. I also understand that nobody is under obiligation to help, but also find it hard to beleive that someone out there (incluidng BT themselves ) have no answer or explanation.

Thanks for taking time to respond and for the insightful pointers about it being consumer to consumer. Real help. Thanks.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 25

As regards your iphone problem, if you have actually taped on the server name and it does not let you change it, it would appear to be an Apple problem not a BT problem.

It might be worth deleting the account and setting it up again manually rather than using the "wizard".

I was not putting you down sarcastically. I was pointing out to you that there is nothing to be gained by repeatedly posting the same problem in a new thread and how this forum works as regards forum members responding to threads but as I would appear to have annoyed you I will now bow out of this thread.

0 Ratings