cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redlollipop
Contributor
Message 1 of 49

Email size decreased, advertisements increased.

Go to solution

Does anyone have the same problem regarding the email layout.  I have attempted to check my emails this morning to discover that the sizing has changed.  The page layout , although still in three columns as usual, makes it impossiible to read the emails.  The adverts are taking up most of the space with the email box in the centre being approximately 2 inches wide so that the mail headings are only half of what they usually are.  Is this a permanent change or has there been some problem update with the advertisements.  I've attempted to click on the left hand side of the email box and drag is back toward the left but that isn't working either.

Looking forward to any help and advice.

Many thanks and kind regards.

48 REPLIES 48
shadders
Contributor
Message 2 of 49

Re: Email size decreased, advertisements increased.

Go to solution

Hi,

Yes - i have the same issue - cannot resize the left hand pane so view of e-mails is very restricted.

The SPAM system is absolutely rubbish, so you uneed to be able to see the e-mails in the wider view to ensure that they are SPAM.

Regards,

Shadders.

shadders
Contributor
Message 3 of 49

Go to solution

Hi,

Apologies, just re-read your last statements.

We are CUSTOMERS - we are PAYING BT for the e-mail we have, so why do we have advertisements in our e-mail views ???

I do not see the adverts due to the ad blocker i use.

BT lose more in goodwill, than they will ever gain in advertising revenue.

BT incompetency is not surprising.

Regards,

Shadders.

snavekj1944
Beginner
Message 4 of 49

Go to solution
No one seems to have a clue to as why this has happened and not BT person can seem to help with this. I have tried exactly the same things as you but does not work. Its just not good enough. Surely, someone can come up with a solution, as its impossible to read emails comfortably.
snavekj1944
Beginner
Message 5 of 49

Go to solution

I have now put a complaint into BT today. They seem to forget loyal customers and with the prices going up we should be able to have some say.  Or are these ads making them more money.

nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 49

Go to solution

I also have this same problem - it just appeared today for first time.  The sizing of the viewing panes has changed.  Left hand pane (list of folders) or the right hand pane (advert) arer now much wider than normal and I cant reduce them.  Central pane where emails are shown is therefore restricted and its not easy to read emails.  

0 Ratings
dianacurrey
Beginner
Message 7 of 49

Go to solution

please could you be kind enough to let me know if you manage to resolve the problem, which I also dsicovered today.

Thank you very much.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 49

Go to solution

The solution is to use an email client to access your mail.

One possibility is Microsoft Mail, which is included in Windows 10, or the free Thunderbird e-mail client.

0 Ratings
shadders
Contributor
Message 9 of 49

Go to solution

Hi,

The purpose of using webmail is to remove SPAM that the SPAM filter fails to remove. The SPAM filter is rubbish.

In addition, the SPAM filter also filters out wanted emails. The SPAM filter is rubbish.

When you are PAYING for a service, i do NOT expect to have adverts. 

The system view is subsequently made insufficient for the intended use due to the BT use of advertisements. This defeats the reason for having the system (web mail) in the first place.

People use the mail client once they have removed the SPAM, and restored the incorrectly filtered messages.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 49

Go to solution

Keith  - this is only a probelm that's occured today.

0 Ratings