cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 49

Re: Email size decreased, advertisements increased.

Go to solution

If anyone else want to try Thunderbird, there are full instructions on this page.

Using the Thunderbird e-mail client - IMAP connection

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 49

Go to solution

"Preview Right" is not usable at all, You could click on Change View on Top Right corner and do a "Preview below".  

0 Ratings
BionicTim
Beginner
Message 23 of 49

BT Revamped the online email client, now theres no room!

Go to solution

I cant believe that BT have revamped the working space on their online email interface! Not only do we have to put up with annoing flashing advertisments but they have reduced the working space in the middle so you can't even read the full email without scrolling SIDEWAYS. Also the much reduced inbox space is cramped so you can't read the full email and subject line.

Just put it back to where it was and don't mess with things that arn't broken.

Forget all that they have just reverted back to normal...PHEW! Rant over.

Thank you

0 Ratings
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 49

Re: BT Revamped the online email client, now theres no room!

Go to solution

I see this is now fixed !!!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 49

Go to solution

@shadders wrote:

Hi,

We are CUSTOMERS - we are PAYING BT for the e-mail we have, so why do we have advertisements in our e-mail views ???

Shadders.

As regards the adverts, you agreed to adverts being shown as per the T&Cs you agreed to when you started using the BT email service.

See Terms and Conditions Sect 7(f)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/BT_Mail_13_Jan_17.pdf

0 Ratings
shadders
Contributor
Message 26 of 49

Go to solution

Hi,

OK for the adverts on the login page - but in viewing pages for the webmail is not really acceptable.

Although the system has been fixed, you can see how people are annoyed with this.

Adverts are tacky - a reputable company such as BT should not really take the same approach of other less reputable providers/sites by trying to extract as much money from everyone, everywhere.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
johnclegg
Contributor
Message 27 of 49

Go to solution

Yes,we all read all 14 pages before ticking the box " we agree" didn't we....as usual...

John Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 49

Go to solution

I don't have a problem with adverts because I use email clients on all my devices and the few rare times that I do use webmail, the adverts are blocked by my browser's ad blocker.

I had a laugh at your comment "Adverts are tacky - a reputable company such as BT should not really take the same approach of other less reputable providers/sites by trying to extract as much money from everyone, everywhere."

I'd love to hear who these "less reputable provider/sites" are?

0 Ratings
shadders
Contributor
Message 29 of 49

Go to solution

Hi,

Every site i go onto has adverts. So i use an ad blocker.

Adverts are tacky - interrupt what you are trying to do, which is read an article, or perfom a function. I never click on ads.

What has happened here is that the left and right hand panes were fixed for adverts - my assumption that the panes were fixed for adverts.

So, in general, every commercial site has ads, but one would expect that a company which is a service provider offering e-mail (albeit stated as free), would not interrupt you, or make it harder to perform your function - which is to view the webmail.

This is why people use the webmail - to view it - easily.

I expect adverts on sites that you don't pay to view, but since BT is a regulated service provider, and we pay BT, i do not expect adverts to appear when i use/view their service offerings.

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 49

Go to solution

Adverts are I suspect the main driver of webmail. Prior to webmail all email was accessed by email clients, which is in my opinion a far better, safer way to access and store your email for a variety of reasons.

As far as I am aware all ISP's email services contain adverts in their webmail as do all the other "free" email providers. If there were no adverts you would have to pay for the service.

As I have already pointed out you did agree to adverts when you started using BT email so you should really have expected that there would be adverts however if you don't want adverts you could always pay for your own domain with an email service email. There are any number available and the cost is not that high.

0 Ratings