cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hijimhere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Email

Once again I have the "help" chat experience interrupted by being told I need another department -  without war ning the land line rings - its the other department ringing me.  Not one to be judgemental except when confronted with bull and attitude.  I was interrogated for security every question including one of my secret questions.  Finally yet again I am asked for my "account" number this is where as in the two previous conversations on this very subject things went from bad to worse.  I proclaimed that I passed the security including a sercret Q/A that the he must be looking at my account.   The wind up begins "the email you have given me is not linked to your account" so as he could see thats the problem fix it "I need your account number".  As I can't get into MYBT and my Email I cannot give him the account number which he obviously has in front of him.  I am on paperless bills so how can I get into my account so I can then give you my account number "you should have written it down Mr Drummond" The wind up continues, I leave stating yet again after his refusal to give me a bt UK number I would once again write to the BT CEO which I have done.   So repeating my email is not linked repeatedly as if I am making it up exasperated I refuse to deal with RUDE INSULTING people who fail on every customer service level you can think of.   There off my chest so how do I get my email married to its proper account?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
DavidM
Message 2 of 13

Re: Email

Hi @hijimhere and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having such a frustrating time trying to get this sorted. I'm sure I can help you with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hijimhere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Your "contact me" is NOT responding -- fault ref number ************ + update I can access my non existing email account through BT.YAHOO ect.   Why doesn't BT learn from resolution to problems - last time the executive response experts took 3 weeks yes three weeks (without my BT email account) - the apologies flooded in but tbh its not good enough.  I paid £61 this month for my landline, fibre and calls.   Once BT has the hardware maintance is your only outlay - even "Customer Service" is done on the cheap off shore.   I find grabing my landline fee for two months in advance is unacceptable.  Once you go into the system looking for a deal £61 pcm reduced to £39 + pcm all of a sudden you get told this is not available.   Having spent 30 years in customer facing roles by letter, telephone and face to face your attempts to provide a service on the cheap is deplorable and distasteful.  Charging me £61 pcm is not going to last long, I will demonstrate my feeling by walking away.  I am 66 and on a pension having worked for almost 45 years  trying to improve customer's lot to see BT's lack of investment on a very lucrative profitable opertion while selling customers short and getting away with selling UK jobs to third world countries is disgusting.   

0 Ratings
hijimhere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

My complaint has via Mr Patterson goneto the technical team in Newcastle - so far they have been working with me in an attempt to resolve the issue.   I am pre occupied with family matters so agreed that the technical team contact me again on Saturday 

0 Ratings
hijimhere
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I have been advised that some use of bt email accounts are not being recorded. The result being that the system believes the account is not in use and suspends it.
0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Not just suspends... deletes it.

Such a big company, very poor show.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

jkseddon

You need to go into your post on the Ideas board and delete your email email address. In fact you should delete the whole entry.  The ideas board is not the place to post problems. 

I have moved your post onto its own thread so that you will get help specific to you.

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

It's own thread? Can't see it?

does that mean someone is going to help me?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Please stop posting the same problem on all the boards.

If you look in the email board you will see your post there.

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Ok chief.
0 Ratings