cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juliesl
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Emails being trasferred to trash.. but also issues with ipad/iphone

I have BT email account and have used in Outlook for years (Prof 2007). Then bought iphone (5s) and fine (but not sinqued), then bought ipad mini (3) and found that seemed fine and sinqued to MyBT Email if logged on via web browser for folder storage (but inbox on web browser always moves emails straight to "trash" folder, but not an issue as use my Outlook or via iphone/ipad which were fine. Used pop for set up. Just got new pc with windows 10 so have had to re set up the email... tried both imap and pop (but stayed with pop as have multiple emails and this way could receive all via one inbox in Outlook). However, having done this (with same set up to old pc, my iPad and iphone have issues! All my emails immediately move to the "trash" folder on all devices (except Outllook), so have an empty "inbox" on MyBT web browser, iPad and iPhone. I don't have a problem if they don't all sink but do need to be able to see my emails in my various inboxes... any ideas!!!!???? Julie
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Emails being trasferred to trash.. but also issues with ipad/iphone

Either set everything up as IMAP (probably best option) or tick the option to leave a copy of the message on the server if using POP3. Not sure what you mean by having to use POP due to multiple accounts in Outlook, you can have multiple IMAP accounts.

0 Ratings
Juliesl
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi, I have 2 BT Accounts and 1 icloud account and if set up with imap I ended up with 3 inboxes in Outlook, whereas if Pop3 able do join up the 2 bt accounts so arrive in my Personal folder (the icloud account has only been set up for ipad etc and nothing apart from apple use it so not an issue).   But when initially set up with imap still ended up with all my email if logged into BT (via windows) and ipad and iphone with an empty inbox, as everything seemed to have moved to the trash folder!  and lost the existing emails on my ipad!!

0 Ratings
Juliesl
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Re the " tick the option to leave a copy of the message on the server if using POP3." - where do I find this option?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

In the server settings for Outlook
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

messageonserver.jpg

0 Ratings
Juliesl
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the advice, I have now updated my settings but no change.  Rechecked my settings:  Outlook - POP; ipad mini 3 iMap (can't seem to change to POP as no option),  iPhone 5s - POP.   In MyBT Mail - still moving most emails to trash (and from ipad) but now also duplicating and resending some of my test emails! So possible the problem is with the BT Set up....?  Any other thoughts welcome and will also try and contact BT! 
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You can't change from IMAP to POP on the fly. You have to delete the account and start again. I really would recommend setting everything as IMAP, it is a much better option when using multiple devices.

0 Ratings