cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Emails from Steam not received

Hi,

I am having trouble because I can't seem to get emails from the Steam gaming platform on my btinternet address.  Steam sends out verification code emails for many purposes, and without access to these I cannot get into my account, or even contact their tech support as they send out a verification email to make sure you are a genuine user not a spammer before they will answer a query.

I set up a new account with a Gmail address and that works fine, so it is not a fundamental problem with Steam sending out emails.  From looking at forums on BT and elsewhere, the most likely explanation is that steam sends out so many of these messages that BT thinks it is a spam site, and blocks the message completely.  If it even came in to the spam folder that would work, I can always go on webmail and retrieve things from there, but they appear to be blocked at the gate.  is there anything to be done here?  I see that BT does not maintain whitelists, which is a shame as that would be the best solution to this kind of problem.

Has anyone else got this issue at the moment?

I am on BT Yahoo mail.

Thanks

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Emails from Steam not received

I am having the same problem. Emails from Steam not being received from my @btinternet.com account, so unable to get code to log in.

Annoying.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

@CuriousBob

Sorry you're having trouble, but it does confirm that this is BT's problem.  Having got through to Steam by creating a new account, they have agreed to change the email on my main account.  You may be able to do the same.  But not great for BT is it?  Giving your customers reasons to go elsewhere is not normally a good approach to business...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 17

@LukeC wrote:

@CuriousBob

Sorry you're having trouble, but it does confirm that this is BT's problem.  Having got through to Steam by creating a new account, they have agreed to change the email on my main account.  You may be able to do the same.  But not great for BT is it?  Giving your customers reasons to go elsewhere is not normally a good approach to business...

Clearly it's a BT issue.

Surely Steam (via a login admin page) lets you personally change an email address ? People do this all the time moving ISPs, or simply getting a different email address etc. That must cause issues for those Steam users ...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Same issue here.
trying to migrate to a new PC.
added support@teampowered.com and noreply@steampowered.com into the contacts on the Yahoo page, still no joy
using anouther account is fine.

BT support state that because I can receive emails from other people it is not their issue.

getting annoyed now as it has been like this for 3 days so far

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Same problem here, on premium mail service.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

@Andy_N wrote:

Clearly it's a BT issue.

Surely Steam (via a login admin page) lets you personally change an email address ? People do this all the time moving ISPs, or simply getting a different email address etc. That must cause issues for those Steam users ...

Yes, if you have access to your Steam account, you can change your email, but if Steam doesn't recognise the device you are logging in from, it sends an email to check you are realy you.  Fine until it decides to no longer recognise the computer that was working OK before, and you can't get the email to get the code to get back in.

I've solved my problem, but the solution was to set up a Gmail account and contact Steam tech support via Gmail to reset the sddress on my Steam account..

BT ought to view an issue that drives customers away as a BT problem, whatever the ultimate cause.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 17

I'm having this exact same problem too after a fresh install of Windows 10; nothing from STEAM is arriving and I can't access my account or games. Emails are definately simply not arriving (they're not being pick out by the Spam filter).

Do BT know that this is an issue and are they working to fix it? If not how do I report it?

What's really alarming is that I know that I'm not getting emails from STEAM as I'm expecting them, but I have no idea what other emails BT might be loosing; how can I trust my BT email account? Lets face it providing reliable email is about as basic an ISP service as there is.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

I'm also not getting verification emails for Microsoft (outlook.com etc.).

This is a major issue that needs sorting ASAP!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

I can confirm that I have the same problem, but it is not just emails from Steam, but emails from Microsoft.com as well so it seems to be a general block on activation codes. I have checked my spam filter, it's not in there. I have contacted the online support who didn't seem to understand the question!

This is looking a huge issue that needs sorting ASAP

0 Ratings