cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Emails from Steam not received

I had a rather unproductive session with someone for BT's online chat service who claimed to have tweaked some account settings and solved the problem for me and despite me telling him (or her) that nothing had changed, insisted that I would now receive all emails sent to me.

BT is now a pretty bare bones service but now can't even seem to provide reliable email!

I'll try calling support and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

I'd be extremely surprised if the person on chat had done anything at all, even more surprised if you get any sense out the helpdesk. I'm coming to the conclusion that the only way anything will get done is if complaints are made at the very highest level. I suggest you do that if things don't soon improve.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

Well I called support and at least they were honest. I was told that their email system had been a mess for weeks, that there was nothing that they could do and that, essentially, I should sit it out and hope that it got resolved; they suggested using a non-BT email address!!

I did ask whether they could check to see if my missing emails were stuck somewhere waiting to come through, but got told that telling me this would breach my privacy!

I've tried again today and did get a verification email through from Microsoft but my Steam ones refuse to come through leaving me locked out of my account; Steam don't seem in a hurry to get back to me either.

What a mess!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

I feel your pain, my 48 hours worth of Microsoft emails came through as well finally, all in a bunch, suggesting that somehow some kind of filter was unplugged.

I talked to online help, but they just didn't understand (quote "a problem with your email client" - "er no this is via the bt yahoo mail browser interface", "so this problem with your email client...") They suggested I phone up. So I phoned up, explained in great detail, they went away, came back asked for more details and just as I was supplying them they got cut off/hung up. So I gave up.

Steam's reply time seems to be between 4 days and 3 weeks, and that seems to be for hacked accounts which are prioritised. When they answer it will be sorted I know (hope), but no thanks to BT on this. The EE offer for hi speed broadband at half price of BT looks mighty tempting, if I could only guarantee they would be any better.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

I've just gone through the forms and there are a huge number of posts about emails not arriving. BT's service is pretty minimal and it now seems unable to provide the absolute basics of a reliable email service; it's pretty appaling and I've not idea whether BT are even looking at sorting it out.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

If you think not receiving emails from Steam is bad, I didn't receive the confirmation email from BT when setting up my account here.  I tried 2 different BTINTERNET addresses and - zilch.  Used a Gmail account and got the confirmation email immediately.

Whichever end BT wants to blame there it's their system not working properly!!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Hi there Guys,, anybody get any help and satisfaction from BT about this....?

Im having the same problem..

Its not good enough..

BT failure again

Tags (1)
0 Ratings