cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Emails have vanished from my inbox since migraton

I had quite a few old emails - last year some of them at least and more recent, that I left in my inbox for reference but since migration these have vanished and aren't in the trash either - so where are they ? I kept them because they were important.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Emails have vanished from my inbox since migraton

Hi Pinto

Send us your details using the contact the mods link in my profile and I can have this investigated further for you.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 8

This scenario bothers me greatly. Those of us who took the BT Yahoo promise of infinte capacity for lifetime really must be concerned. I have tens of thousands of mails in my account dating from the early 2000's. I don't want to lose any of these in the migration across which I am still awaiting. 

Seems the migration process and the impact on ALL users hasn't been thought out fully.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

KernowChris

Keep in mind that only the people who have had problems tend to post on a forum. Very few people will post here to say that the migration went ahead with out problem and all their old emails were migrated without problem.

While I don't have tens of thousands of emails kept on BT's servers, I don't believe that is a safe or sensible thing to do to entrust them to a system that I can not control and back up, I was successfully migrated along with what folders and emails I do have on BT's servers . The migration took place without issue and has worked without issue since.

I did however change my BTID username and logon in MyBT to be the same as my BT email address and password prior to the migration.  Making them both the same seems to be a requirement of the migration process and it would, in my opinion, seem to have been the cause of some of the problems experienced when users did not have them the same and tried to change things after the migration process.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for this, The password business causes me headaches too, I'm a longterm customer that's used BT Internet since it was introduced. I have a password that works, but doesn't match BT's requirements now. Whenever I try to change it the system refuses to believe that the 'old' password is correct. So Catch 22, a password change is required, yet it's impossible to do. 

I'll wait for migration and go through the process to resolve, probably with executive complaints level to circumvent the scripted call centre rubrik when it's necessary. 

As for trusting with information. I feel inclined to believe that Yahoo, despite the well publicised issues are responsible data holders, to the extent that I feel infinitely more comfortable that they are responsible, rather than BT's new own branded third party system. 

I've taken the precaution to have a non BT Yahoo account up and ready with contacts transferred across to use whilst any potential mess is resolved with the BT one. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I don't know how you were try to change the password etc but this worked for me.

To change the MyBT username and password log onto MyBT and go to My Profile. Click on edit My contact details if it is not already, change the contact email address to your BT email address. Enter your present MyBT password to confirm.

Now go to "My Security Details" and edit the password to make it the same as your email password. You can obviously change the security question and answer if you want.  

If that doesn't work try the forgotten password here for BTYahoo.

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

or here for BTMail

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

or here for MyBT

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-f1aca0f0-9277-1028-a2aa-843bdb4e0000&G...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hi Stuart i have tried twice to contact you in the way you describe and as I am filling out the details the whole form goes blank. Now either I have submitted a part finished form twice or who knows ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Hi Pinto,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the form. I've checked our queue but don't see any emails from you. Can you please try again?

Thanks

David
0 Ratings