cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Emails never arrive to BT inbox

Sorry in advance as this may be a bit long winded, a couple of weeks ago one of my clients who is with BT and has a BT email address phoned to ask why I had not emailed him as promised.  I had, so sent it again but it didn't arrive, tried with a different email account still the same so tried a hotmail account and still the same.  All these emails where being sent from Apple mail running 10.9 so tried from my iPad, iPhone still no joy.  Sent one from Outlook 2011 on the same computer and same internet connection so same external IP address which is my own personal account not my work one and it arrived.

My brother is with BT so started doing some testing and at 1st it appeared that an email sent from any account from any version of Apple mail never arrives.  I tried several computers running various versions of Mac OS, tried iPads and Iphones.   I then set the same work account up in Outlook and it arrived so I started thinking it was an Apple mail issue.

So I configured the work email in Outlook with my work signature and all of a sudden the mails stopped arriving to any BT address.  More testing and it seems that with any email account with any type of signature sent to any BT email address my mails never arrive but remove the signature from outlook or Apple Mail and they arrive.  It is only BT clients having this issue everyone else seems to be getting my emails.

We checked the spam folders etc. and no sign of my email, if I enter my email address in the safe senders in webmail then they arrive but I can't ask every client with BT to do this.

It all used to work fine but this has suddenly started to happen, I have spent ages working out why the emails don't arrive.  I get no bounce back message, no error message and if other people are copied in they get the email just BT users don't.

I have tried a plain text signature but get the same result, I have tried pasting a signature in at the end and get the same result.  I am baffled.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Emails never arrive to BT inbox

Does the signature include a URL?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hi you are onto something here, I just removed my website address and links to facebook page etc. and the email arrives.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

BT's new email partner Openwave/Critical Path seem to be overly agressive with their anti-spam measures. There's not much anybody here can do to remedy that unfortunately except keep complaining and hope that something eventually gets done. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Do you know if BT offer anyway of getting onto a whitelist?  At least I know what is causing it now I guess I will just have to remember to alter the signature whenever emailing anyone at BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Contacting CP directly has been suggested in the past, don't know of success rate though I'm afraid. https://support.criticalpath.net/contact-us.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

I will give it a try, thanks for all the help.  I will let you know if I have any luck

0 Ratings