cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

End of contract charges

Apologies if this type of query has been answered elsewhere but I have searched in vain.

My Broadband contract ends on 26th of November and I'm switching to Plusnet for both broadband and phone at that time (line rental paid monthly).  The 26th is a Saturday and knowing BT of old, rather than switch on the last day of the contract I've elected for the 28th of November which will incur a line rental charge.

I've received a demand ffor £65 for broadband equipment charges, from which I thought I would be exempt  because my contract has run full term.

Originally, Plusnet (contrary to my specific instructions) had arranged to terminate my BT contract on the 18th of November, but that was quickly rectified.  So I'm unsure if this demand was generated by the original incorrect termination date or the subsequent correct one?

Should I be charged for equipment after the full run of my contract?

Thanks

Brian.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: End of contract charges

Hi @Brianllaidd If you received your current hub when you re-contracted your broadband then the 12 months will end on the same day as your broadband contract. If your not sure then contact the Live Chat team and they will be able to tell you the contract end date on your hub.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings