cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arvind
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

End of line...

Having carefully arranged to transfer my phone line to my new home a week before my move, I was advised I would need a new number as it was a new exchange. Disappointing but hey ho.

BT confirmed engineer visit would happen 10 days later verbally and in writing, only to cancel by phone 3 days before the visit. This was because the previous owners "had not relinquished the line" and it was being referred to the Digital Integrity team. I explained I don't care about the number. They had to wait 24 hours before closing the case and then I would be contacted. Nothing...

Finally I contacted them (after several diversions and waits) to be told it was in hand and would be fixed. several further delays and letters telling me I had a phone line but line still dead. Broadband mobilisied to set me up (believing phone line in place) but unable to find my house (despite being on the South Circular in London!).

Four weeks later, no phone line or broadband.......despite explaining I am a doctor and importance of communications for me.

Any thoughts/advice?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: End of line...

the forum mods will help you , they are only BT employees onthe forum, by posting a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 6

Hi Arvind,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Please drop me an email with the details, including any order reference numbers you have. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Arvind
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

The incompetence continues. Despite reporting the line fault some time ago, I have had Dinesh from your support team call to advise me it will now be next week before the engineers fix the line.....

would not have chosen BT if I knew this was the level of service I would get.

Arvind

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Once you have contacted the forum mods please let them deal with the problem but please avoid contacting any call centre from now on
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 6

Hi Arvind,

I have had a look in our email queue and can see that we have received your details. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and we will reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings