cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cherimoya
Beginner
Message 1 of 32

Engineer Didn't Turn Up

I was due to have a BT Infinity install today between 1pm -6pm. This was confirmed by email and the Home Hub delivered.

No engineer turned up.

I called the service centre and I was told that the engineer had been delayed on his previous call and would no longer be coming. I was not informed of this even though the order tracker said I would be notified of any delays.

The call centre spoke to Openreach who apparently said they woiuld organise a priority call. However the online checker now says "Your appointment is no longer required, as our engineer can connect your line without requiring access to your premises. The engineer will work to connect your line at the exchange."

This is clearly not the case as I need to have the optical modem and faceplate installed. The call centre appear to be clueless.

What do I do now?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 32

Re: Engineer Didn't Turn Up

call the police
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 32

the other route you could take...

emaili the mods on the forum who can look into this problem. Usually the message 'Engineer not required' means something has gone **bleep** up and usually needs rebooking.

0 Ratings
Cherimoya
Beginner
Message 4 of 32

Thanks I'll try that.

I think what went wrong was that the assigned engineered took off early because it was Friday.

TBH this is confirming my fears about switching to BT.

0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 32

Your fears are understandable. 

Remember people will complain profusely at any sign of trouble, but never praise the same.

My Personal experience has been great with BT, and its the same with most users on this forum. Don't let the few on these forums that have problems dishearten you.

Alot of complaints come from issues not caused by BT. Location, speed, line issues, capping etc. If you know who to contact serious problems are usually sorted asap.

The engineer didn't turn up, big deal. Rebook it and start again.

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 6 of 32

The engineer didn't turn up, "big deal". 

Is a big deal for alot of people who rely on broadband for whatever reason, not even having the courtesy to call neither. 

Just hope I get a better experience on Tuesday when they come to install.

I have no idea how people can defend a practice like that, just not turning up without notification. If you didn't follow it up, nothing would happen ever and BT would probably start billing you anyway. 

That's the sort of practice NTL use to do and where are they now?

0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 32

@Arthur-Hucksake wrote:

That's the sort of practice NTL use to do and where are they now?

They purchased Telewest, and rebranded as Virgin Media 😛

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 32

Sorry to jump in, You say;

"A lot of complaints come from issues not caused by BT. Location, speed, line issues, capping etc. If you know who to contact serious problems are usually sorted asap.

he engineer didn't turn up, big deal. Rebook it and start again."

For some people it IS a big deal, like when I had an issue and told twice and confirmed twice an engineer's appointment was made and they did a no show both times ! resulting in 2 lost afternoons off work and MANY phone calls to useless call centres.  Speed, line issues, capping etc are BT's problems either directly or indirectly under duty of care, no matter what issue it is, it sheds light on BT's main flaw as a TELECOMMUNICATIONS company ! "Actual and accurate communication with its customers.

The fact that you come across as a bit of a 'fanboy' of BT in your post is very clear, if you actually went through and read the posts on this forum, you will see that the vast majority who post are VERY dissatisfied with the level of service.

0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 32

No need to get your knickers in a twist mikey_b.

Please refer to post 2 in this thread.
0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 32

Oh I was not getting my "knickers" in a twist !! just pointing out useless statements 

0 Ratings