my point still stands.

0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 32

Re: Engineer Didn't Turn Up

@mikey_b wrote:

Sorry to jump in, You say;

The fact that you come across as a bit of a 'fanboy' of BT in your post is very clear, if you actually went through and read the posts on this forum, you will see that the vast majority who post are VERY dissatisfied with the level of service.

Of course I come across as a fanboy. I sleep with the white VDSL modem under my pillow every night. It keeps me warm and is the best thing ever.

However,

The reason the vast majority of posts on this forum are people complaining is because that is what people do. They have a problem, they let EVERYONE know. However people very rarely post positive comments about a service.

You cannot comment on the service as a whole from just looking at the forums, and if you do, and you still join BT, then you are as daft as most of my posts in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 32

If a person joins BT, customer service is a factor in research, BUT is not the be all and end all.  It all boils down to the product on offer and if that product (in this case FTC) is not available from another supplier, then ultimately they will choose BT. 

And your right people do complain more often than sing BT's praises, but when the VAST majority feel that they have to complain about the service/incompetence to resolve the issue then so be it.  The fact that this forum is linked under

BT.COM/HELP/BROADBAND

would suggest to me that this is where people will go to find help, post their issues and to complain.  The latter is most important seeing as the forum has MODS as this will HOPEFULLY trickle back to some big wigs after they have been out to an expensive lunch, making them realise this is a poor way to carry out business.

Now if you know of a section where people can sing BT's high points please post it, I have looked but can only find problems and issues under the HELP tab.

P.S.

I don't only use my experience on this forum as an indicator of the level of service,  I also go off the 4 hours 27 mins of wasted call time of my life trying to be put through to someone; (A) willing to listen and try and understand my issue with out running through a script of switch off the router and back on again and (B) Trained staff members who can actually put a customer through to another department with out disconnecting them in the process.  Too much to ask for maybe?

As for sleeping with your Open Reach modem I do hope you unplug it to avoid and electrical problems, however I don't recommend this as it will drop you sync profile LOL.

0 Ratings
rationalzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 32

No, I don't turn off the modem.

Even if it overheated and set ablaze my house.

I'd call to the firemen "Makesure my modem is still switched on!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped, then consider clicking the star to the left
0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 32

LOL. just another drain on an over taxed Fire response system haha

0 Ratings
Arthur-Hucksake
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

If the engineer turns up Tuesday, I will post an unbiased review in this very forum. Hopefully to level things out some. 

I got to say, it doesn't paint a very pretty picture coming on here. It's not that people are having problems which is the concern, it's the nature of the complaints.

Such as.... engineers not turning up, ringing to let you know, lying customer services.

They are probably the worst things you could expect from an established firm in this day and age, unless ofcourse you adopt the old NTL business model and wrongly bill people then refuse to refund them for a year.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 32

If a person joins BT, customer service is a factor in research, BUT is not the be all and end all. It all boils down to the product on offer and if that product (in this case FTC) is not available from another supplier, then ultimately they will choose BT.
Hi a little research will prove your statement incorrect FTTC is available from several isps at the moment and there are more taking up fibre service
0 Ratings
mikey_b
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 32

>>>>JOHN46

1) I do a lot of research and it is NOT available in my area from any other ISP.

2) IF YOU READ MY POST CAREFULLY YOU WILL SEE:

"If a person joins BT, customer service is a factor in research, BUT is not the be all and end all. It all boils down to the product on offer and if that product (in this case FTC) is not available from another supplier, then ultimately they will choose BT."

That is all, thanks for watching.

0 Ratings
06jpearce
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 32

Openreach engineers can only do so much! There are many more customers than yourself in the UK and we work our best to provide/fix your service The vast majority of customers 99% are very happy with the service they provide also remember Openreach is not part of BT it's a group.
0 Ratings