cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisK3211
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Engineer Visit.. Anyone had it?

I have an engineer coming out next week to add a second phone line to my home, i already have a master socket downstairs which is Sky broadband but I have been told getting a second line upstairs will be no problem. Im wondering what excatly happens when he comes and how long it takes etc?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engineer Visit.. Anyone had it?

There maybe local work to be done. Does the existing line come in overhead or underground? Depends on the type of overhead cable, they may be able to feed the new line down it. If not a new cable will need to be put up.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
ChrisK3211
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I think it's underground, will that make it harder to install? Either way it won't affect the Sky line I already have will it?
0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

'I think it's underground, will that make it harder to install? Either way it won't affect the Sky line I already have will it?'

You think its underground? Go outside and see if there's a telegraph pole close by, if there is see if any of the wires on it go to your house then you'll know if it's underground or not.

In ref to the installation affecting your Sky line, it will affect it if you get a Kelly's or Quinn's Contractor out because they will no doubt pinch the pair because that's what they do best!
0 Ratings
ChrisK3211
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Yeah it's underground. When talking to the BT guy on the phone he said it won't. I hope it's a whole new line because that's what I'm paying for. Do you know how long it will take or can it be different depending on where I want the socket and it being underground etc?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

the job will take as long as the engineer takes to complete the job there is no set time as every job is different
0 Ratings