We have put together a short survey to capture your feedback in terms of what BT can do when you experience home Wi-Fi issues. We would appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to complete a short survey. Read more from here, Fix my home Wi-Fi
I've just had a very frustrating call with the BT support people over a £99 charge I've just had on my bill. Here's the background:
- had BT Infinity at old property and no issues
- moved into new property July 2012 and moved Infinity with me
- a lot going on with house move with 3 kids/half term so never checked download speed after "settling in" period
- father passed away December 2012 after a few months of being diagnosed with leukemia in August
- January 2013 started working from home more regularly
- March 2013 friend queried why my broadband was so slow (5mb download speed)
- called BT and explained that although broadband was working, it was very slow
- BT ran through all usual checks with me to no avail so arranged for engineer visit
- engineer came and explained that Broadband wiring had not been done correctly by original contractors in July (in fact he went as far as saying it was a complete botch job) and after he'd corrected it, Broadband went up to expected 45MB download speed
- £99 charge on bill as fault was due to "star wiring" in property that had to be replaced
Am I being unreasonable to dispute this charge? The initial person I spoke to said she had made her decision to uphold the charge, but that she would refer to a different department who dealt with disputes and they would be calling me back within 4 hours.
Any feedback appreciated!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am sorry to see you are having problems
I suggest you contact the forum mods they should be able to get this problem sorted for you this is a link to them http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
They normally reply by email or phone directly to you within 3 working days they will take personal ownership of your problem until resolved and will keep you informed of progress
They are a UK based BT specialist team who have a good record at getting problems solved
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
Thanks for reply john46.
I've just posted an email to them and we'll see how things go.
the mods will contact you but there have been a lot of referrals so maybe taking longer than normal 3 working days
Finally spoke with the Tier 1 team today and the understanding lady I spoke to agreed that the £99 would be refunded.
Just goes to show these companies do have some level of common sense!!!
Thanks for helping.