cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ActDoc
Message 1 of 4

Engineer did not turn up - elderly lady needs the line

My mother in law is ill and has just moved into a new build sheltered home.  Activation visit was set for 5th Nov but a no show from engineer.  Seems the order stalled on credit check (less than two years at the new place ! - BT had old address details - 45 years there !! With BT !!)

New order placed but with 29th Nov Activation date.  This is so not right.  Call handler assured me manager would call by 8:00 pm - but no such call.

2nd Call handler couldn't see problem on work sheet but did send fast track request to OpenReach but as was now past 8:00pm OpenReach closed.  So another 24 hrs lost

Anyone had any success pushing these dates on ?  As it is a new build property of 40 plus flats, half of which are already occupied. I cannot see that the Activation visit is much more than a switch on ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Engineer did not turn up - elderly lady needs the line

As this is a new build I would guess that an engineer will need to attend to install a socket and connect up the internal wiring.

I would just suggest you contact the service dept on 0800 800 150 to get a firm date when the installation engineer will attend.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
ActDoc
Message 3 of 4

Got Date 29th Nov

Still only a couple of wires !!

0 Ratings
ActDoc
Message 4 of 4

Credit to senior BT people who have changed the visit to this Thursday.  Hopefully all will be sorted

0 Ratings