Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Engineer doesn't fix fault

hello,

Last week, we booked an engineer to come today between 1-6pm. Engineer turned up at 12pm and "fixed" it. He said that he tested by ringing our number from his mobile outside the house. The telephone rang, so it works. The engineer went home. My wife comes home and tries the phone. She can't ring outside. We contact BT and the engineer can't come back until next Monday 18th October.

So we are without the phone and internet. My wife has a business to run.

You can imagine our frustration.

Can the enginrer not come back today or tomorrow?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
caerdydd
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Engineer doesn't fix fault

If there are appointments available then the engineers could come back. But if you have been advised that it's next Monday then those are the first available.

Openreach are particularly swamped at the moment with the levels of faults reported and the need to deal.

I think you should have chased the engineer first thing this afternoon there could have been a very slim chance the engineer could have come back or you could have emphasised the point that it was booked for the afternoon.

Somehwat too late to deal now.
0 Ratings
Explorer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

My wife came home at 1pm and tested the phone. She realised that the line was still faulty and immediately contacted BT. We tried persuading engineer to come back. I even reported online that the line was still faulty at 1:30pm.

Still engineer didn't come back and now we have to wait until next week. We deserve a better service which I think you will agree. It is no fault of us and we agreed with the time slot in teh first place.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Big corporation Little customer = no contest sadly

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings