cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Engineer fail has really messed me up

The midnight thing is also a farce, no engineer will be working on consumer lines at that time of night 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 18

Activation has nothing to do with the engineer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

In all hoensty, the "activation" is nothing more than a system closing off an automatic job. It's always done super early in the morning on the day your connection isndue to go live. Once the engineer connects the jumpering either in the exchnge or cab, depending on DSL service you've ordered the connection will work.

In all my years I've never known an "activation" happen at any time close to midnight. If it doesn't happen early in the morning on the day you go live it's usually a software error that requires manual intervention.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

@Webby wrote:
The midnight thing is also a farce, no engineer will be working on consumer lines at that time of night 😄

Who said an engineer would be working on the consumer line in fact, who even mentioned an engineer Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

What's required for this will be for an engineer to correctly jumper the cab, which is why I mentioned engineer 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 16 of 18

So an engineer has to "correctly" jumper the cab fo fix a "software" error???

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

How did my phone fix itself?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Hold up. The system from BT Wholesale side of view I'd imagine is ready to go, but the OP has no sync, so the cabinet connection isn't done or is done on a port which isn't active. If it were the other way round and the cabinet work had been done but the line wasn't "activated" then the OP would have sync betwen their modem and the cabinet but wouldn't be able to establish an acive session on the Wholesale network and ultimately gain internet access.

The reason you're phone line is working will most likely be down to the fact that an engineer has jumpered you correctly in the exchange. This has nothing to do with your internet as yor DSLAM is in the roadside cabinet however you still obviously have a full copper telelphone line back to the exchange and the engineer who picked up the fault on your phone line was possibly an exchange engineer (if your exchange is large enough to warrant one) who is stationed there full time so wouldn't know anything about your internet not working.
0 Ratings