cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lainep
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Engineer failed to show

Today the engineer was booked to arrive between 8am and 1 pm and I was reminded about 10 times via email and text messages to be home for their visit. So after taking a day off of work they do not show. After playing a pass me around the help center phone game I am finally told that line work is needed. Why the hell did nobody call to advise of this, is it acceptable that I take a day off of work to be let down? Horrible customer service and support, considering that there is already an phone line in my new house but apparently that cannot be taken over because it was a business line. I am now told that it will be another week until a new appointment can even be booked. Trying to get somebody to actually address the issue and provide answers to simple questions is impossible. BT once again let a new customer down, 3 weeks and counting, will be 4 apparently before they even book a new appointment. Not good enough!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Engineer failed to show

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

0 Ratings
Lainep
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

That does not excuse the lack of phone calls and bad customer service. Simply saying that BT have nothing to do with the engineers is a generic response to a massive ongoing issue. How BT interact with the engineers is their business, but I expect to be given correct information and get good service. That's like saying McDonald's are not responsible for the quality of their food as they did not raise the cows!
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 5

Hi Lainep,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am really sorry that the engineer didn't show and even more sorry that we did not keep you informed.  It is not acceptable that we didn't let you know what was happening.  I would like to help.

I cant promise that I will be able to improve on your next appointment date but I can promise that once we pick up your case we will own until full resolution and I am certain I can answer your questions.  Please drop me an email, you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Just click on my username (SeanD).

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Presumably as this is a missed appointment, then the poster should be credited £10 as per http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee
0 Ratings