Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 42

Re: Engineer hasn't turned up .....

Go to solution

Good luck!

I had the exact same issue with my install!

Four weeks and seven engineer visits later (not to mention how many phone calls) I was up and running! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 42

Go to solution

Four weeks?! Why do I suddenly feel sick to my stomach! 😞

Were you promised a call back and did it come back within the timeframe promised? The website still says my order is on track, which it clearly isn't. I just have very little faith at the moment that this is getting looked at 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 42

Go to solution

I placed my order on the 26/7 and didn't get a conformation email or appointment for a engineer, I rang yesterday to be told someone did not place the order ? something wrong with the system at the time of placing my order? Now its back to the start waiting for a call which is 3-5 days again.

Something wrong with the system somewhere ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 42

Go to solution

I never got called back when when promised, in the end I went rhough executive level complaints, wasn't much quicker but at least had someone English to email/speak to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 42

Go to solution
I was offered a Saturday install on the phone yesterday, but refused it as I wanted it escalated and sorted ASAP. I was under the foolish belief that this would get dealt with swiftly once BT were aware of the issue. Beginning to wish I had accepted it now as I still haven't had a call back ....called BT again just to get a date but was told my case was now with the 'delayed provisioning??' dept and I have to wait for this elusive call back.

100% regret ever making this move .... Should have stayed where I was.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 42

Go to solution

@BinarySlave wrote:
100% regret ever making this move .... Should have stayed where I was.

I thought the same, but, now it's working and I get full speeds I am very pleased I stuck it out.

Got 2 months infinity credited to my account to 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 42

Go to solution

There is a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel now!

Got the call, they are cancelling my original order and raising a new one with a priority appointment. This apparently won't be confirmed until tomorrow as for some reason it needs 24 hours to process?! But they are trying to get me that Saturday appointment.

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 42

Go to solution

I also used to do overnight IT support - not my choice but it did offer 10% on top of my salary and it was a condition of the job so I put up with it.    I also had the added frisson that our site was only 3 miles from home so if the technology failed I could ( had to ! ) jump in the car and drive there.

In future my attitude would be that if anyone wants overnight support then they can **bleep** well pay for someone to be on site and on shift - I'll happily work days or nights but not both at the same time !!  In the meantime your situation is really, really not your fault, so your employer will just have to lump it until BT sort it out - don't be tempted to feel guilty about it, at the end of the day it's only a job !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 42

Go to solution

I had an engineer booked to see me last Friday (27/07) to review/fix slow connection, he didnt bother to turn up at all! No call, no reason and I have had to do all the chasing since (approx 7 hrs on the phone) complete joke. (due this Friday, not holding out any help)

BT helpline blame open reach, open reach blame BT helpline.

This is on top of the farce with my initial installation, they could only do a am slot, I could only do a pm slot so decided to take the day off work (unpaid) only for the engineer to turn up at 5pm after he rang me at 3.30pm to say he might be late.....

Seriously wish I had waited for them to wholesale their fibre product and get fibre from a different company, BT are a disgrace.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 42

Go to solution

@ICEMAN069 wrote:

Seriously wish I had waited for them to wholesale their fibre product and get fibre from a different company, BT are a disgrace.

Its been on wholesale and available to all providers since it started a few years ago. Its only recently that the other providers have started offering it.

0 Ratings