Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordy555
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Engineer installation date delayed

Hi,

I signed up for BT infinity at 1pm today as I am moving into a flat on Monday. I was told over the phone when I completed my order that the engineer would be out on the 18th September to connect us. 10 working days was already a long time, in my view, to be without internet especially when me and my partner have work to do. 

At 4pm today, 3 hours after signing up, I received a text stating that the engineer would be delayed and we would only get connected on the 24th. 3 weeks without internet is way too long!

I don't understand why I would be told the 18th and then 3 hours later be told that the engineer would be delayed by a further 6 days! Surely someone could get out just to sort the line out before then.

I've been a customer for 4 hours and I'm already annoyed and contemplating cancellingy order and contract.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engineer installation date delayed

That date is probably the earliest date that Openreach can do the work, as Openreach deal with all Service Providers, and not just BT Retail. There could be a staff shortage, or a high volume of work.

If its a new flat, then that can also delay the process.

Cancelling and changing provider, would put you back at the bottom of the queue.

0 Ratings
Dandy2365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I was advised that an Openreach engineer would call on 18th August. I waited home as instructed from 1pm to 6pm. Nobody came. I received no cancellation message by any method.

I rang BT and the poor people in the Indian call centre felt my wrath. When i asked them why the engineer had not attended, they said that the did not know and would not be able to find out. Openreach did not discuss theses issues with BT.

Customer service? Dreadful...

I gave them one more chance and i am now expecting a visit on 10th September. If they fail again, i'll move to Sky or Talk Talk - we dont have cable in my area unfortunately .

Mark

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

changing providers will not resolve your problem as they all use Openreach and changing will just put you further back down the list
0 Ratings
Dandy2365
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I'm sure you're correct John. Perhaps the customer service might be better though 😚
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

they will be just the same as it is Openreach dealing all changing providers will give you is a new company to pay communication with Openreach is the same regardless of provider
0 Ratings