cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Engineer not turned up

OK so Im not the first person to complain that the BT engineer didn't turn up for the allotted appointment but I am the first one (as far as I can see) that will be doing the following:

small claims court - I wasted 6 hours waiting for the installer not to turn up. I bill my days to customers at £2,000 per day (I am a consultant) so I will be claiming the pro rata charges to BT via the small claims court

twitter - I have already discussed the suitable twitter response with my Social Media company

facebook - similarly I have intructed my SM team to build a suitable facebook page.

BT - Contact me directly to avoid this.

BT disgruntled consumers, join the crusade. 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Engineer not turned up

Good luck with your claim and keep us updated.

0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

I worked for BT and Openreach for several years in a variety of different roles.

Heard false threats like yours on an almost daily basis.

I can virtually guarantee you BT are not in the least bit worried about anything you just said.
0 Ratings
Catcher
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

So have whoever you invoiced refused to pay?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

£2,000 per day is about £1,990 more than you will be offered by BT. You will of course be able to prove that you lost that amount of money as a result of the engineer not showing up. Keep us posted. I'm sure this will be an interesting thread.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

My immediate thought is that you haven't lost £2000.  You took 6 hours off to wait for the engineer to turn up.  If the engineer had turned up, you would still have taken 6 hours off.  Therefore, in that respect, you are no worse off.

You can only claim compensation for actual losses, not just some figure you've made up.

See http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go directly to BT and although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read 

Also  it is not BT that did not turn up it was Openreach who failed to turn up and although a BT Group company under OFCOM rules  they have to operate independently of BT Retail and provide an equal level of service to all providers 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Ectophile wrote:

You can only claim compensation for actual losses, not just some figure you've made up.

But at least the unsuccessful litigation will only cost him a couple of days' wages.Smiley Wink

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Hi bodinrichard and welcome,

I can look into what went on with the engineer for you. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ form in the about me section of my pofile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I suppose British Airways had the same attitude until the...

I suppose British Airways had the same attitude until the following happened

Promoted tweet used to complain about British Airways

In a modern spin on the tale of David and Goliath, a disgruntled customer has found a new way to use social media to take on a big corporation.

Fed up with the way British Airways was handling the issue of his father's lost luggage, businessman Hasan Syed decided to complain about it.

But rather than just put out a normal tweet, he paid to have one promoted.

Six hours after the tweet went live, and was picked up by news website Mashable,
it had been read by thousands of Twitter users, retweeted and commented on.

0 Ratings