cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Engineer visit (FTTP install) moved from 2nd Sep to 13th Oct but external work now complete

Ordered FTTP on 1st Aug with install date (Engineer visit) of 2nd Sep, however had a few external visits and they had some trouble threading the fibre through my ducting as a result they moved my install date to 13th Oct.  However was told this was just to keel the order 'live' and they would pull back in once external work complete.

They have finally managed to thread the fibre through today, 4th visit as 1st 3 engineers couldn't manage it, what was special about the 4th engineer?

However install still showing as 13th Oct, what is the process to get this pulled in now I have a reel of fibre sat outside by house ready to be feed into the house and installed?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Engineer visit (FTTP install) moved from 2nd Sep to 13th Oct but external work now complete

Give the FTTP team a call and they might be able to manually bring the appointment forward.

Due to COVID the BT FTTP team are told (or were a couple weeks ago) not to bring forward appointments.

They can however contact OpenReach and get them to bring it forward.

If you do manage to get it brought forward remember to mention you need your Hub earlier than previously planned as mine was scheduled to be delivered 1 day before my old appointment date.

This would have made my Hub 2 weeks late.

They manually ordered a Smart Hub 2 for me to arrive in time for the new earlier appointment.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Engineer visit (FTTP install) moved from 2nd Sep to 13th Oct but external work now complete

Good progress today, Openreach contacted me directly and have pulled forward engineer visit from 13th Oct to 14th Sep, so only 12 days after my planned date on order.

Hub already here as they sent it out based on my original install date.

Hopefully the internal visit is a bit smoother than the external ones, still don’t get why it took 4 visits to feed my fibre through the duct what did 1st 3 do wrong all insisting a dig was required.

If the guy today came round 1st at start of Aug I’d be up and running now.

0 Ratings