cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intothemystic
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Engineer visit - Will we be charged.

Hi, any advice would be really appreciated...
We use BT broadband extenders to connect box in lounge to router and phone point in hall.
Youview box regularly freezes, loses volume and all freeview channels have very poor or no reception(Signal fine when aerial connected direct to TV)
BT technical team have arranged to send engineer. I'm worried, that despite me advising advisor that we use extenders, the engineer will report that they are issue and we will be charged call out fee.
Should I cancel appointment?
Many thanks
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Grimmybob
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engineer visit - Will we be charged.

Hi Intothemystic,

Welcome to the BTCare Community Forums.

Yes, as this is an internal problem, you will be charged.

Are you having similar issues with any other devices in your property?

William Grimsley.
0 Ratings
Intothemystic
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi William, many thanks for your advice.

Definitely interrupted and poor TV service and slow running tablet to a lesser extent.
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Extenders "may" be an issue for the Internet channels and catch facilities (e.g. Iplayer, Netflix etc.).

They WON'T be the cause of Freeview issues though ... that may well be that the aerial signal isn't strong enough. (Remember that the Youview box - if it is YV+ - has 2 tuners in it; one for watching and one for recording. Your TV will just have a single tuner).

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

You will only be charged if any equipment that you own and have added to the system are the cause of the fault, you will not be charged if the bt equipment is faulty. If possible try temporarily replacing the broadband extenders with an ethernet cable, if the problem remains then you will not be charged. The freeview fault is another matter, you can buy small aerial amplifier/splitters from places like Argos.
0 Ratings
Martin--W
Retired BT Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hello @Intothemystic

I'd be happy to see if I can help you. If you Private Message me your phone number or account number we can discuss your set up and how we can get your service working for you.

Kind regards, 

Martin.

0 Ratings