cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oddbod
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Engineer visited today to correct a faulty connector. But broadband IP profile to 135k :(

Go to solution

Hello forums. Is there any way to contact my local exchange (Iver, Buckinghamshire) to reset my line to full speed.

With the repair done and the quietest line we have ever had, the speed has not improved. I did the bt speed test and the hub is connected to the exchange at a blistering (for us) 5335k! What is going on, can any one help. After almost 3 years of calling out engineers and I think even having to pay the call out once as the engineer reported a fault with a lead saying we could have done it! So the engineer today did his job properly and did find a connecter in the ground that was green with rot, replaced and tested with flying colours.

So did this engineer forget to contact the local exchange on leaving to reset our ip profile? Interestingly the ip profile being 135k the test showed up 144k filled in the boxes to be told the actual connection I get is faster than the profile and this is incorrect, could not go any further with the test as the screen would not let me enter the true reading the tester gave me.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Engineer visited today to correct a faulty connector. But broadband IP profile to 135k :(

Go to solution
hi if you now leave your hub with no restarts for the next 3/5 days your ip profile will rise automatically
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: Engineer visited today to correct a faulty connector. But broadband IP profile to 135k :(

Go to solution

It can take a few days for the line profile to rise, after a line fault. Just leave it connected, do not restart the home hub, or depower it.

Then do anothe BT speed test in about three days.

0 Ratings
oddbod
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

😞 well thanks for the info, after almost 3 years i guess another phew days wont kill us..... was just hoping there may be some thing a little faster that cauld be done, as we know it connects at 5+k to the exchange.

Thanks for the prompt reply.....

Odd

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
as it is a large rise in profile it may be faster than 5 days
0 Ratings
oddbod
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi , 24 hours down and still 135k.........but connection still 5k3  If this is software controled the system needs evaluating.

why would the sence in the software not notice 24 hours of stable line and not try to up my profile.

The system is floord......

If i was to put a different router in would that stop the software from working? i would therefore be able to get full speed strait away?

Are well never been good at waiting.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

sorry just need patience  changing to another router will just restart your 3+ day timescale.

the new profile system changes immediately but you are still on old system

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
hi as previously posted it can take up to 5 days to increase all that putting in another router or restarting your own existing one is to restart the 3/5day time period again all you can do is wait this system is used on all isps
0 Ratings
oddbod
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, drat and double drat! Well thanks for the answer and here goes 3 more days of no TV.........

Maybe the ether fairies will take pity.

By new system do u mean fibre?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
no not fibre all exchanges that have the up to 20mb (21cn) ADSL2+call it what you like are on the new 88.2% sytem
0 Ratings