cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Engineers = Gold dust

I work full time and live alone. I just moved so dont know anyone to house sit for an engineer visit. When I made the order, I specifically stated I likely wouldn't be available till after 5 and but i did make it back home from work fof 4:30 (the absolute earliest I could b home) I still missed the engineer. Im then told i cant get another engineer till the 8th of January!

After a week of expensive mobile calls ( since I dont have a land line) making complaints I finally apparently get my engineering visit escalated and what date do I get? 9th of **bleep** January. Well done BT ur customer service truly is awful. The system u have for the engineers is horrible, it in no way helps the customer, rather punishing those with a busy life. Worst is I cant aford it any more to call and complain.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Engineers = Gold dust

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

I did not think Openreach made appointments after 5pm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@epoc923 wrote:
I cant aford it any more to call and complain.

You can call BT on 0330 1234 150 using your mobile call time.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Little sympathy from me.

OR have two allocated time slots; 8am - 1PM and 1pm to 6PM and you would have been offered one of those.

If you chose to accept 1PM tp 6PM and then not bother to get home until 4.30PM then why is that OR's fault?

If you were told that an engineer would be with your after 5PM then that's your CP's fault for misleading you. Not Openreachs fault for sticking to an appinted time slot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

That was helpful

@Gr1ff wrote:

Little sympathy from me.

OR have two allocated time slots; 8am - 1PM and 1pm to 6PM and you would have been offered one of those.

If you chose to accept 1PM tp 6PM and then not bother to get home until 4.30PM then why is that OR's fault?

If you were told that an engineer would be with your after 5PM then that's your CP's fault for misleading you. Not Openreachs fault for sticking to an appinted time slot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

It wasn't intended to be helpful. It was stating a pertinent fact.