cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lioncash
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Enough.

For the past several years we have used BT. For the past several years the service has been completely utterly terrible. Average Customer BT with his 50mb/sec flush fibre connection soaring into the hyperverse and me adverage customer B getting what BT estimate between 1 and 3.5 mb/sc which is barely ever close to this a par times.

The past 6 months though has driven me to the point of insanity. To point out, I have changed the faceplate to a current up to date ADSL/VDSL faceplate, my route is hard wired to my computer, I am using a quality netgear router, I have checked every personal avenue including posting various large amounts of information on different forums to find out what's wrong, whether it could be me, the internal wiring.... something ANYTHING....

The connection runs smootly, then all of a sudden drops to 1/3 of the speed, I reset the router, thing's return to normal for 3-4 hours, then a reset is required, sometimes resetting it doesn't even work or fix anything, trying different routers results in the same problem, trying it in the test socket the same.

Ringing up BT however seems to magically fix it for 2-3 weeks. I have Mr.Whoever on the phone from BT telling me 10 different things, their is a problem with my line, their isn't a problem with my line, someone will call me back, someone was never meant to call me back, I will call you on your mobile *phone goes dead* you can wait in a queu*phone goes dead* you can speak to my mana*phone goes dead*

My conclusion.

BT Throttles our internet speed OR BT takes on FAR too many connections resulting in the exchanges not being able to handle it and customers suffering for it.

When I ring BT up and complain, they magically fix the throttle and my connection goes back to normal, they tell me a bunch of **bleep** excuses and then 3-4 weeks later the same problem occurs, now again saying, I have cut the problem down to BT... that's as clear as, their is nothing wrong with my internal wiring and plugging the cable in the test socket for the thousandth time and waiting for Mr.Who to ring me back doesn't solve it....

So i'm now resorting to contacting my MP about the problem to see if they can intervene..

This is simply put a message and a complaint to whoever apparently doesn't care... because because honestly don't seem to give a toss about any of their customers, they just want mine and your money...

This is the WORST company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with or engaging in commerce with. Your customer service is the biggest joke ever and frankly the company is probably just rich people laughing their way to the bank and spending a tiny portion of their vast profits to shut their consumer base up...and at the same time persuade them to give BT more money.

Basically. **bleep** you BT

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Enough.

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Can you post your adsl tats from your router please 

Try quiet line test. Dial17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NeilO
Message 4 of 9

@Lioncash I'm really sorry about the issues with your connection as I can see this is clearly very frustrating for you. I can assure you BT are not throttling your connection if you post up your router stats and do the checks @imjolly has asked for we'll be more than happy to help you with this.

0 Ratings
Lioncash
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Beginning to take legal action against BT and BT Openreach.

I posted a topic in the last weeks, disputing and debating the idea that BT throttle my connection and deliberately interfere with my connection and that of my whole village.

The village of Londonderry in North Yorkshire, is situated next to an RAF base. North of that is a major industrial estate, east and west are both major towns, in all of these areas, they recieve connection speeds of 72mb/sec on fibre optic connections.

LESS than 1/4 of a mile from my house, are situated three houses, all of which recieve 72mb/sec fibre optic connections.

My entire village, from end to end get's less than 1.0 mb/sec. I personally endevoured to solve my home connection issues by replacing EVERYTHING in my home with BT approved cables, sockets and home equipment costing me over £100 in the process, simply to prove their was absolutely 0 wrong with my internal connections.

After this, I wrote a petition to my entire village and every single person in my village signed it. During this time they also told me of EXACTLY the same issues I was having. So, I have now moved from frustration to a level of absolute shock and disgust.

The average price people in my village pay is from £30 to a WOOOOOPING £47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!< for less than 1.0 mb/sec.

Every day at roughly 5pm this less than 1.0mb/sec goes to 0.88mb/sec then 0.44mb/sec

BT personally promises our village between 1.0 and 3.5mb/sec. I have never seen 3.5mb in 10+ years ever, not a single day, this none existent number seems to be something in BT's imagination.

The customer service centre is useless, one of my neighbours was on the phone for 11 hours to get absolutely no result whatsoever.

I have recently also seen our local MP Rishi Sunak to present the case to him to also gain politcal support for this argument.

And finally to my real point, I am now building a legal case against BT and BT Openreach for failing to provide a service they advertised to us over a YEAR ago that has never come to fruition. I will seek compensation for the legal expenses, administration costs and genuine time wasting BT has caused to myself and my entire village. BT has breached the Consumer rights act 2015 in more than several different places and i'll be asking people in my village to document over the next months line speeds and connection quality as to build a strong enough case to simply sue the asbolute whack out of BT.

And boy is it going to feel awesome.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Re: Beginning to take legal action against BT and BT Openreach.

Good luck.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Lioncash
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I whole heatedly and honestly agree. Luck is something we're apparently going to need an infinite amount of because even Ofcom fails to doing anything particularly useful against this company.... I would insert a whole bunch of swear words as to my feelings about the company but I don't think that would help the amount of luck we're going to need.
0 Ratings
Lioncash
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

So, a continuation.

Two days ago, I sent an e-mail to the CEO of BT Gavin Patterson, I received communication from the executive level complaints team as a result and they've now taken sole responsibility for the issue and are beginning to start a fix. I will update as things happen.

Apparently getting what you want from BT means you have to trawl through the internet, find the CEO and complain directly to him.

0 Ratings
John25Roberts
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

'Trawl' through the Internet?

You mean put, BT CEO' in Google and the first thing that comes up his Gavin Pattersons Wikipedia page.
0 Ratings