Re: Equipment rental charges from BT

i did do, thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
camiow
Beginner
Message 32 of 35

Hi ,

I have also just checked my eldery father's bill and found out that he is still being charged £3.27 a month for equipment that he first rented in the 1970's !  He is being charged for a 'Basic Dial Phone, Hard Wire Reduced'.  How did anyone get on with getting a refund fund for these charges and getting them stopped from future bills ?  I have my father's permission to deal with this issue on his behalf by the way.

Any help gratefully received,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 35

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

They should be able to sort it out for you.

0 Ratings
oldhand
Message 34 of 35

Don't be too scathing in respect of your aunt's Viscount.  I think it was made in the UK by Northern Telecom and has obviously been very reliable for a very long time (doing what your aunt requires - making telephone calls)!  Other people have pointed out that you can buy telephones cheaply from Tesco etc., can you see any of them lasting this long? Even an upmarket cordless will probably not do more than 7 or 8 years. If you get the 'phone taken off rental I hope they let you keep it, it may last her another 25. Good luck.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 35

@oldhand wrote:

Don't be too scathing in respect of your aunt's Viscount.  I think it was made in the UK by Northern Telecom and has obviously been very reliable for a very long time (doing what your aunt requires - making telephone calls)!  Other people have pointed out that you can buy telephones cheaply from Tesco etc., can you see any of them lasting this long? Even an upmarket cordless will probably not do more than 7 or 8 years. If you get the 'phone taken off rental I hope they let you keep it, it may last her another 25. Good luck.

The poster posted this nearly 18 months ago and has not logged back in to the site since then.

Probably got sorted after taking Keith's advice.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings