cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Error 451 System Policy Engine Error

Just wondering if anyone else is having the problem I'm having with not receiving emails with photos attached. I was expecting photos attached to emails to my btinternet.com address from a company doing some work for me but they never arrived. About 24 hours later, the sender received a number of delivery failure notices with a statement that there was no need to resend the emails as they would keep trying for the next 24 hours (3days later, they still haven't arrived!). By this time I had sent myself an email from my gmail account with a photo attached. That email never arrived though 24 hours later I got a delivery failure notice with this error 451 System policy engine failure. Does this sound familiar to you? BT customer help have been absolutely useless : 3 days on and 3 agents later, we are no nearer to resolving the problem. I have also raised a complaint with BT in the hope that someone will take my problem seriously.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Error 451 System Policy Engine Error

Yes my mail servers have been getting this all weekend on everything destined for btinternet.com/btopenworld.com/talk21.com accounts (which all share the same mail handling).  Had never seen it before Friday, then it started impacting everything to BT.  Seems a little better this evening - haven't seen any bounced for this reason in the last 2 hours.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

What do you expect? This is BT. I've had this problem for 5 days now. They are totally useless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

They seem to have resolved my problem - though I am by no means certain that all's OK. The Level 2 call I had today believed that by emailing my btinternet.com address from itself with an attachment would prove that everything is OK! I could do that yesterday but I couldn't then send an attachment from my gmail account to btinternet.com. But, I can now and that is a positive achievement but I don't know that it's a solution for all mail servers. Thanks to all on this forum who posted with similar problems. It helps to be able to tell BT that there are many customers suffering similar problems. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings