cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Error 481 Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the system administrator for more info

I am on BT Infinity 2 and assume I have a Dynamic IP Adrress.

I have been succesfully using my BT Broadband Infinity 2 Service for the passed 14 months with

very little issues.

Recently I have been having Web Connection problems to one of my Forum Sites using my BT HH5

Router connection to a Windows 10 PC and wifi connections to either iPhone 6 or iPad 3.

Connection fails with the following report:

Error 481 Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the systems administrator for more

information.

Request ID 14647891238.56684720

Connection via iPhone/iPad 3G/4G service works fine.

I have been initially advised by the Forum Site Support Administration that there is possible issue with

my current IP Address and is possibly being refused access.

Can anyone please advise what I should do to avoid this failure continuing. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Error 481 Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the system administrator for more inf

Have you tried restarting the home hub, so you get a different public IP address?

If that fails, check to see if your IP address is being shared.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44044/c/6433

delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Error 481 Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the system administrator for more inf

Hi Kieth, many thanks for advise, HH5 reset & now on new IP Address.  See how we get on. 

0 Ratings
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'm Still getting the Error 481 requests when on my Bt Home wifi, have reset HH5 several times to change IP Address and will get Web Site connection ok to start with then error messages occur again.

Strangly this is not a consistasnt fault & I know of another BT Home wifi user that is having similar issues.

Only occuring on one Forum Site that uses "Cloud Flare" Web Security as far as I can tell.

Any advise would be helpfull.

Thanks

0 Ratings