cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_i
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Error Message: viewing card slot not active

Is this error message a fault with the viewing card, a fault with the vision box, or a fault with the account?

And how can I fix it it without telephoning India?

Online player works OK on both ipad and PC.

Cant remember hen I last used the card, but it used to acknowledge reading the card when it was entered into the BT Vision box, and it used to happiliy make little recordings through the night to keep itself alive.  Now it doesnt seem to matter whether the card is in or out, there is just the same message saying 'viewing card slot not active'' when I look at channel 58 or 59.

Anyone know whats broken.

BT Vision, BT Broadband, No infinity available in this area.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
_i
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Error Message: viewing card slot not active

guess the forum is about as useful as the telephone support...
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Did you register for BT sport? You must do this or you wont get the channels.

Also, as far as i'm aware, BT need to send you a new viewing card. They cant do this if you never registered in the 1st place.

Telboy.

0 Ratings
_i
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Yep, registered, and receiving them online with no problem.

Is that confirmed that an existing card that worked fine before doesnt work with the new channels? My understanding is the existing card should work. I am not in an infinity area..

As Mr Buckley himself, no less, promised me in my email:

Great news – you're ready to watch BT Sport on your BT TV from 1 August. And because you have BT Broadband we're giving you these new channels absolutely free!

You're getting BT Sport for free because you have BT Broadband and a current viewing card.
0 Ratings
Telboy62
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

This seems to be a real grey area mate. Reading through this forum, there has been conflicting stories about which of the older viewing cards will work and which wont.

I'm afraid you may have a few frustrating hours on the phone ahead of you.

Telboy.

0 Ratings