If you get these messages like I have then do the following;
1) Close your Internet browser
2) Go to 'control panel', 'date and time', 'Internet time' click change settings, uncheck box, click ok. Repeat but check box then click update now. If prompted error, click again and ignore if error comes up again, click ok.
3) Restart pc
4) login to bt sport and click yellow watch now button
5) 50/50 if works first time, if not
6) click yellow watch button again. Should work.
Are you having a laugh?
I've had VC010 directly from a cold boot and I've only ever streamed to a silverlight socket on my PC.
But this is all superfluous discussion anyway - no organisation should open a streaming service with the proviso that a powerdown is required to reset it.