Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisamb44
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Error code when e-mailing

Hey everyone

I'm having some problems with my work e-mail coming through at home and wonder if anyone can help me.

I am trying to e-mail a Polish address and keep getting the following error code 550.....

Remote host said: 550 Please%see%http://www.openspf.org/Why?id=info%40delphismedicallimited.co.uk&ip=77.238.189.21&receiver=58313.v.t... : Reason: mechanism [DATA]

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Error code when e-mailing

Isamb44,

If you click on the link in the 550 message  the following section explains the problem:

"

58313.v.tld.pl rejected a message that claimed an envelope sender address of info(at)delphismedicallimited.co.uk.

58313.v.tld.pl received a message from nm7.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com (77.238.189.21) that claimed an envelope sender address of info(at)delphismedicallimited.co.uk.

However, the domain delphismedicallimited.co.uk has declared using SPF that it does not send mail through nm7.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com (77.238.189.21). That is why the message was rejected. "

This means that  delphis medical limited does not allow you to send emails that use it's domain name in the From field  through SMTP servers that it has not approved.

I suspect you may be replying to an email from the Polish company so rather than just click Reply you also need to change the reply so that it comes from your personal email address and not a company one.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

@vofsanity2 wrote:

Isamb44,

If you click on the link in the 550 message  the following section explains the problem:

"

58313.v.tld.plrejected a message that claimed an envelope sender address of [].

58313.v.tld.pl received a message from nm7.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com (77.238.189.21) that claimed an envelope sender address of []

However, the domain delphismedicallimited.co.uk has declared using SPF that it does not send mail through nm7.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com (77.238.189.21). That is why the message was rejected. "

This means that  delphis medical limited does not allow you to send emails that use it's domain name in the From field  through SMTP servers that it has not approved.

I suspect you may be replying to an email from the Polish company so rather than just click Reply you also need to change the reply so that it comes from your personal email address and not a company one.

Hi. Please can you alter your post to remove the email address.

I also suggest that Isamb44 edit their post to remove the email address.

0 Ratings
lisamb44
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the help people.

I am knew to the forum and can not find a way to edit my post.....

My problem occurs both in sending new e-mail and when replying to a one already received from Poland. 

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening, except for using my personal e-mail account (as this won't look too professional....

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@lisamb44 wrote:

If you view your post, then look at the options "drop-down" menu on the right, there is an option to edit your reply.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

If you view your post, then look at the options "drop-down" menu on the right, there is an option to edit your reply.

I don't think it works if it's a thread starter which has had any replies. The edit option disappears, at least it does for me.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
lisamb44
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thanks pottyperson, that did help.

I can't change the original thread or figure out the e-mail.....

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

@lisamb44 wrote:

My problem occurs both in sending new e-mail and when replying to a one already received from Poland. 

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening, except for using my personal e-mail account (as this won't look too professional....

Thanks again

Lisamb44,

If you can access your company system remotely (by VPN or other mechanism) then you may be able to send emails from home via your company's email system using a company email address.  I would suggest that you direct your problem to whatever IT support your company has.  It may be that there is a company rule that forbids anyone sending company emails by any methods other than through the company's system.  There are several reasons why this might be the case.

0 Ratings
lisamb44
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the info vofsanity2 

🙂

0 Ratings