cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 43

Re: Error code when sending: Cannot send message due to possible abuse

Same problem here when replying using Thunderbird.

Can reply OK from my mobile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 43

WORKAROUND -

See postings by bpindar at

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2441147&start=45

and set the background of your HTML posting to anything but white...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 43

I am pleased to note, that as of 6.40GMT Monday 12 March, the problem appears to have been fixed!

The problem related to Thunderbird using bold HTML to set the message's white background colour as #FFFFFF whereas Yahoo's filters were expecting the lower case #ffffff

It was possible to overcome this via Tools, Options, Advanced, Config Editor, then scrolling down to msgcompose.background_color but there's no longer any need.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 43

Hi, Is there any detail about Yahoo "expecting" certain HTML codes??? The implication is that they seem to be throwing out mails which include certain strings - Is this made public anywhere???

regards,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 43

For anyone with a Macintosh (respect!) - look in menu chain ThunderBird/Preferences/Composition - you will see background colour control towards bottom of window, next to text colour control

regards,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 36 of 43

02/01/2013

This has started again - BT helpline insist it is 'my' computer - they ignore all previous trouble people have had.

Unfortanetly, even using text only doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 43

The same problem suddenly appeared yesterday. Thunderbird 17.0.6. I can send from the Yahoo web account but not from Tnunderbird.

I've changed all the passwords, tried the suggestions re plain text composition and a non-white background, no effect.

Is anyone aware of any changes at the  BT/Yahoo end which might have caused this, and any other suggestions for a fix?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 38 of 43

I'm getting the same error from yesterday too. Phoned BT Support but totally unhelpful - the agent didn't even know what a URL looked like and misheard html as something entirely ... And insisted that it was my settings at fault - even suggested I pay for BT's tech support to help me get it fixed!  No way Jose!

Obviously it's nothing at my end as I've been using Eudora for over 15 years with no issues, and on BT now for 2 months with no issues, and then this problem started yesterday.

Appreciate it's not necessarily's BT's fault as it seems to be an issue with Yahoo ... but still, their agent seemed blissfully unaware of the problems before, or of what the issue might be now ... and didn't even mention the whole 'BT Changing their Email systems' thing which is in the press now!

For the moment I'm using Gmail as the outbound SMTP for sending messages rather than the BT SMTP (and that works fine).

Hopefully they will get this sorted!

David

PS: To change to use Gmail is pretty simple.  Obviously you need an account, and then just add Gmail as one of the accounts on Eudora. Then change the BT account to use the Gmail SMTP which appears in the drop down.  I can pen more detailed instructions if anyone needs them 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 43

I have seen a fix for this - I am suffering the same problem.

Remove the "reply-to" ID from the mail (but if you use an aliased email address, put it in the body of the text. I have tried it and it appears to work.

This appears to be a Yahoo problem, and a repeat of an error from a few years ago. BT does not "have" the problem so will not respond - it is Thunderbord/Yahoo specific.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 43

thanks for the tip, removing the reply worked. Is there a way to prmanently remove the reply to?

0 Ratings