Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 18

Error message HH5 on BTinfinity on my PS4

I am getting error :-

"The router in use may not support IP fragments" and "Some features of PSN may be restricted"

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Error message HH5 on BTinfinity on my PS4

You need to change the MTU size on your PSN to 1492. (I think that's the HH setting.)

A gaming forum will direct you better.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 18

OK will try that thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

I got this error too I noticed this last night at around 2am. I think it's a psn issue as I changed the mtu values to 1492, messed with the firewalls, upnp etc prior to this all was working good. It is either psn or perhaps BT. I don't know but I'm not messing around anymore. I posted this issue in the PlayStation eu forum on the ps4 support section if interested.
Good luck.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

I couldn't edit my reply here is my thread on the psn forum. It can't be a coincidence.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/IP-fragment-issue/m-p/23535654#M51988
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 18

does changing to 1492 make any difference? does it help with gaming performance
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

It didn't make a difference for me. I have always had my mtu on auto as it's never happened to me beforw. I still get this message no matter what I do I'm stumped. If you didn't have an issue beforehand then don't mess around anymore with this as it's either BT or PSN.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

spluff, what part of the UK are you from? I just want to see if this is a regional thing. I'm from the North East, Sunderland - NESU exchange, on cabinet 91. The message is still appearing annoyingly.

If you're not in my region or even near me then it may get interesting. As the only other thing left is the Hh5 itself. I also checked that I was opted out of BT's CGNAT so that isnt the issue I'm not double Natted. Maybe BT has changed their mtu. I know we have mods that game on Ps4 I'd like to see if they are seeing this. I doubt they'd post though but it'd help greatly!

I did post this on that down detector website and had a response from someone who is seeing this too. 

But all of this is speculation and pointing fingers it could be both psn and BT or one or the other. If the mods with a Hh5 checked their Internet connection test on their PS4 or PS3 (Yes my PS3 is having this message too) then we can confirm it's on BT's side. I think this will take a long while to sort out...

***Looking at the views by our posts it seems like there is quite a few interested in this topic. Perhaps we aren't alone spluff lol***
Mark.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Hi, I have been getting this error on ps4 for 2 days now as well. I think it's something on BT's end.

I haven't had any issues recently and haven't changed anything or any settings, then suddenly this started happening. I have two homehub 5A's ( i only use one), so i tested them both out and the same 'Doesnt support IP Fragmentation' message appears. I have all the required ports forwarded on the hub, and tried all the usual tests out and problem still persists. 

I then did the network test on the ps4 with my mobile 4g EE connection, tethering it to the ps4 and the test completes with no error message. I have tested this several times. So this tells me its not the PS4, and all the evidence is pointing towards BT.

If you call them, they will tell you everything is ok because their wholesale tests look fine on their end. There have been other issues in the past where the engineers have taken a few days to fix something in the backend, i believe that was an issue with EA, and in the meantime every customer is running around in circles trying to fix something they simply cant fix. And they even try to fob you off onto a 3rd party chargeable service.

I'm not entirely sure what caused this, perhaps an Ipv6 change on their end, maybe some kind of double natting, but ive tried everything on my end regarding the router and all my tests show that the issue lies with BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 18

I am from the north east of england - near Durham

Its definitely something on BTs end as I asked someone I know whos is on virgin and does not have this error message

0 Ratings