cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam2Marsh
Message 1 of 6

Errors On Upstream????

Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue. i have recently just moved to BT BB and excpet for a few wirless issue to start with i am very happy 🙂

But.............................. i seem to have an amazing amount of CRC's errors on my upstream. I have a friend who is also on Bt and he has the same. these errors are only on my upstream.

Now i have got a very good line which i am happy and i dont see to many issues with my upstream.... a few uploading issues but very rare.................

Now i work for a major ISP and if i saw this error pon someones line i would be worried I am wondering if the BT homehub is just lieing... 😄

Also i am in the test socket and filters and cables have been swapped.

Any ideas would be great thanks 😄

Here are stats of my line:

Downstream8,128 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)9.7 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)24.0 dB / 13.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)447 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sylver123
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Errors On Upstream????

Hi

I don`t think CRC errors on upstream is anything to worry about unless it causing your connection to drop-out.

I noticed your line status is quite good and so you could get a speed boost by getting BT to upgrade you to the up to 20MB ADSL+2 service.

0 Ratings
Adam2Marsh
Message 3 of 6

Yeah my line i think may get 10mb if i am lucky.

but hmmmmm i think it must be a error with the Bt homehub as i dont think my BB would work with that many upstreams lol

Thanks Mate 😄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

It's a bug in the firmware on the V2 Home Hub. They all give that reading. One day, BT might get around to fixing it, but they haven't yet.
0 Ratings
rustins
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Adam your line looks really good, at a guess I reckon you should get around 17Meg on ADSL2+ Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Adam2Marsh
Message 6 of 6

ahhh thanks mate. i was wondering if it was an issue with the firmware so thats fine mate i will leave it as it is 🙂

I would love 17mb mate but i dont think i'll get that but i am happy with 8mb.

I might get them to try ADSL2PLus and just see what it comes up as 😄

Thanks for all your help guys! 😄

0 Ratings