cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Erskine Exchange - High pings slow speeds

Hi 

I have not long got a BT Whole sale package from Sky(sky connect), whom have been unhelpful will my issue. As the subject says i am experiancing slow speeds and latency. The test results bellow are the best iv had all night was getting 0.01 from speedtest.net most of the night.

If some one could check my line that would be apreciated.

and the BT speed test results

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2072 Kbps

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.

Additional Information:

Your DSL Connection Rate :8000 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: Erskine Exchange - High pings slow speeds

Is there traffic shaping on the bt whole sale package i have with sky?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi Diadem, Welcome to the Forums 🙂

Unfortunately, the Sky Connect package is a very traffic managed product and is heavily congested. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do over here at the BT forums regarding throughput problems on Connect as it is a Sky package who deal with BT Wholesale.

Sorry

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Not a problem I got allot of info from the folk at cableforum about it. Reason i came here was to see about geting it checked on woosh before i understood it was traffic management, and the sky tech support personel denined that there is such a tool, I used to work for tiscali BBI/TV tech support and also telewest so I know they were talking out there back sides.

But will be keeping a note of my speeds and be geting out of my sky BB contract ASAP.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings